The impact you'll have:
- Work on a world-class web product, using cutting edge frameworks and open source tools: Typescript, Node.js, Rust, GraphQL, Svelte, Google Cloud services, AWS, Fastly, Docker, Kubernetes, and many more
- Keep performance and scale in mind: Smore.com is accessed by millions of people every month, thousands simultaneously, and the amount of data we process is huge and exponentially increasing
- Work in fast iterations and get things shipped quickly
- Write high quality backend and frontend code in a high performance environment, complete with code reviews, tests, and all the other goodies
- Work with all parts of the tech stack, hack together quick solutions, and experiment with new technologies
What you'll bring:
- Fluent English
- 8+ years of professional, full-time development experience
- Software Engineering Degree or equivalent/ Technological unit alumni
- Ability to work efficiently in both a team and self-directed manner
- Curiosity - You've got a strong desire to learn new things and a strong interest in the latest technologies
- On-Going Learning - You dislike repetitive work, and have an urge to automate everything
- Attention to detail and a passion to build the best software
Our Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible Time Off: We prioritize work-life balance for our employees and encourage team members to take the time they need to recharge & be their best.
- Culture Of Our Values: Our values are not mere words; they guide our decisions and actions.
- Pledge 1%: We are a part of the global movement; we pledge to give back to our community.
- Winter Shutdown: During November, we have a one-week shutdown, and in December, a two-week shutdown.
- Hybrid Work Environment
Please note that the compensation information is a good faith estimate, and is provided pursuant to Equal Pay Laws. SchoolStatus intends to offer the selected candidate base pay dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors, such as experience. Our team will provide more information about the total compensation package for this position during the interview process.
What we do:
SchoolStatus is a fast-growing K-12 EdTech company dedicated to transforming education through innovative technology solutions that create a seamless solution for managing data and communications between schools, districts and student caretakers. Join our team and make a meaningful impact on the future of education and student outcomes.
We deeply value diversity and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment for all our employees. We believe that exceptional candidates bring unique perspectives and skills that go beyond a checklist. If you don't check all the boxes but believe you have the potential and passion for the role, we encourage you to apply. You might be exactly the candidate we are seeking!