Remote Founding Product Marketing Manager
Experience:Senior (5-10 years)
About this Role
Design Pickle is looking for an experienced Founding Product Marketing Manager to join our team to strengthen our product offering to new and existing clients, optimize the customer experience, increase ongoing product engagement and take new products and services to market.
The ideal candidate will have a strong B2B product marketing background, can manage the cross-functional process of bringing new products to market, has excellent interpersonal communication skills, project management ability, and will be expected to increase impact metrics such as client usage of our creative services, which improves user retention and revenue expansion.
This is a hands-on role that requires an innovative and iterative mindset and entrepreneurial spirit. You will be the founding product marketer on an established product team. If you are customer-focused, have always aspired to make a significant contribution, and see the direct impact of your work, this role is for you!
Reports to: Director of Marketing
On a daily basis, works closely with Creative, Customer Success, Sales, RevOps and Product teams.
Location: US-Based. Design Pickle is a fully remote company with a Company Hub in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Who We Are Looking For
First, Design Pickle is anything but typical. We’re a group of hard-working, creativity-loving individuals from around the world.
Do we love pickles, too? Most of us! But don’t stress if pickles aren’t your thing. It’s not a deal-breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something though because our employees’ uniqueness is what helped make us the great company we are today.
We stand by our vision, purpose, and values, and these are mission-critical to how you show up every single day.
Specific to your role, we’re looking for individuals who have…
- 5+ years working in product marketing
- Have created the founding structure for Product Marketing inside an established organization
- Previous background in B2B marketing, preferably with experience in SaaS or business services ofor high-growth companies
- Demonstrated experience in creating and executing go-to-market strategies for new product launches or major updates, including market positioning, distribution and promotion
- Experience collaborating with product and marketing teams to define product strategy and influence product roadmap based on your intimate knowlege of the customer’s pain, use case, and our product’s solution
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- BA/BS in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in technology-enabled services
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
- Bring Design Pickle products and features to market by collaborating with the Marketing team to build and deliver product campaigns that ignite engagement and subscription expansion across the customer lifecycle
- Project manage all go-to-market activities, with varying cross-functional stakeholders to ensure on-time delivery and execution
- Develop and execute messaging and positioning strategy for Design Pickle products and services utilizing company tone and voice
- Create & maintain internal/external (Newsletter, Help Articles, etc.) stakeholder communication using various tools for distribution across multiple channels
- Support client-facing teams to identify and execute product opportunities delivering increased expansion and retention metrics
- Collaborate on content strategies that support product marketing and client acquisition through various digital channels
- Distill technical knowledge into consumer-appropriate content & disseminate across multiple audiences & channels
- Ability to utilize customer feedback to inform product improvements, develop case studies and testimonial documentation with customers; collaborate cross-functionally to execute and publish
- Expertly define the product and feature’s unique value propositions to position Deign Pickle effectively in the market and differentiate against the competition
- Execute, analyze, and share Product-Market fit results focusing on key, actionable insights
- Conduct ongoing market research to identify market dynamics, customer behavior, and competitive trends
$140,000 - $155,000 a year
The compensation range for this position is $140,000 to $155,000 annually. The actual salary offer made to a candidate will be made with mindful consideration of a wide range of factors. These factors include but are not limited to skills, qualifications, education/knowledge, experience, and alignment with market data for a given location within the US. In addition to base salary, some positions may be eligible for additional compensation such as bonuses or commissions. This salary data is for our US-based positions only.
Benefits, Compensation, And Perks
Uncapped PTO: Hate seeing your PTO hours decrease as the year goes on? Not anymore! There is no cap or number associated with the amount of PTO days you can request.
Major medical healthcare: We offer major medical plans as well as Dental and Vision insurance.
Remote-work flexibility: More productive at home? Not based in Scottsdale, AZ? Fine with us! We are a remote-first company with people all over the country.
401K: Plan for your future with a 401K with a 3% company match.
World-class Company Hub: More productive in an office? Also, fine with us! Our Company Hub is set up with state-of-the-art standing desks, high-definition monitors, breakout rooms for meetings and calls, a podcast studio, a relaxation room, and of course - as much merch as you need.
In-office gym: Our Company Hub also has a small CrossFit-style gym with a Peloton studio available for any pickles to use!
Life-changing massage chair: We change lives through creativity...and massages. Our team has traveled far and wide to take advantage of a life-changing massage chair that is housed in our Company Hub. One massage is all it will take to radically transform your life.
New parent leave: Design Pickle encourages all primary caregivers to take up to 8 weeks leave for a new family member, including adoption, at full salary.
Short Term / Long Term Disability Options
Paid training and personal development: We offer a yearly stipend for employees to continue to grow their skillset and learn things to help them in their careers.
Pet insurance: Have a furry friend? Design Pickle offers pet insurance through United Pet Care for discounted vet visits, medication, and procedures.
Team retreats, social events, and adventures: Pickle collaboration is important to us! We host regular social events, get-togethers, and experiences for our staff.
About Design Pickle
Design Pickle was founded in 2015 with a vision to change lives through its creative software, solutions, and services. Since then, the company has grown to be the leading flat-rate creative services company in the world. We have served tens of thousands of clients with a team that spans the globe.
Design Pickle continues to be one of the fastest-growing companies in America listed on the Inc. 5000 in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023. We’ve also been ranked as an AZ Central Best Place to Work in 2020, 2021, 2023.
We are a company that takes our core values to heart:
Be the SPARK
Let your fire and passion inspire someone else’s day.
Seek out new ways to improve performance, satisfaction, and impact for our customers. Less is more rules supreme.
Give it to me STRAIGHT
Lead with radical and professional candor in every situation. Graciously accept when others do the same. Move forward together and aligned.
HELP when nobody's watching
Find opportunities to support each other and our clients beyond the day-to-day.
Lean into HARD
We thoughtfully select our challenges and tenaciously commit to conquering them.
Make your own PICKLES
We are a collection of incredible individuals who challenge ourselves and each other to grow. Change is celebrated as a sign of progress.
You can learn more about our company, our vision, and what we stand for on our website and social channels. We can’t wait to meet you—thank you in advance for your application!
Design Pickle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will often hear members of the Design Pickle team refer to themselves as “pickles”. Pickles come in an infinite amount of variety, and as such, the pickles at Design Pickle celebrate every aspect of our diverse workforce and do not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, nationality, (dis)ability, gender, gender expression, or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. The right pickle for the right opportunity. Design Pickle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Notice to Staffing and Recruiting Agencies
Design Pickle will not accept resumes from any source other than the candidate. Any unsolicited resume sent to Design Pickle will be considered Design Pickle sourced.
Remote location allowed
Level of experience :Senior (5-10 years)
Check out the description to know which languages are mandatory.