Senior Backend Software Engineer - remote friendly
Experience:Mid-level (2-5 years)
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 400,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. In the summer of 2022, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1,300 Qontoers. We also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We've gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. Discover the steps we took to create a discrimination-free hiring process.
Our career track: At Qonto, we cherish your unique skills, breaking away from conventional labels like "senior" or "director," and instead, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that truly celebrate your impact!
🌏 Location: You can choose to work in a full-remote mode as long as you're within a +/- 3 hours CET timezone.
⭐ Mission: Join us as a Backend Engineer to craft polished user experiences, highly scalable APIs and robust banking services, all to help create the finance solution all businesses love.
⚡ Impact: As a Backend Engineer, you will be part of a team of 120 highly skilled back-end engineers from all over the world. You will work closely in cross-functional teams to shape our finance solutions. You will also take part in the direction of our banking product, manage how we will handle our ever-growing user base needs, and deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
👩💻🧑💻 As a Backend Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Design, develop, deploy and maintain new and existing applications to reach the team’s goals and to meet the stakeholders’ needs.
• Co-own our services architecture, resilience, scalability and robustness, with respect to Domain-Driven Design principles.
• Document, monitor and test our codebase, while continuously increasing our level of quality.
• Shine internally and externally through coaching, pairing, talks, blog articles, hiring, …
Our primary languages are Python, Golang and Ruby for backend, EmberJS for frontend, and Kotlin and Swift for our mobile apps. Our platform runs on a Kubernetes cluster hosted on AWS, with PostgreSQL as our database of choice. We're also using Kafka for our event-driven architecture and ELK for logging and auditing, among many other tools, services, and applications.
🤔 What you can expect: our methodology, the Qonto Way
• We highly value the analysis phase on software delivery. We're putting a heavy emphasis on upfront technical designs, team reviews, and smart slicing. You can expect to focus on quality, which we believe drives the velocity our customers need.
• We think success comes from a space where you're given time, support, and autonomy to improve yourself, our systems and our processes. Our lean toolbox enables you to monitor your constant improvements (Kaizen, PDCA) in a collaborative way with your peers and manager.
• Our engineers, working in cross-functional teams, dedicate themselves to one feature at a time.
🤝 Your future department Head
One of our Heads of Backend at Qonto is Guillaume. With a deep background in software craftmanship, he collaboratively shapes the backend vision alongside Gabriel.
• His background:
Before joining Qonto in October 2020, Guillaume served as an Engineering Manager in fast-scaling, product-driven companies like Algolia.
• What he can bring to you and the team:
Guillaume has extensive experience in team management and a strong DevOps culture, and he's enthusiastic about nurturing our engineers' growth at Qonto. You will have the opportunity to work in a team that prioritizes high-quality software. He also cultivates and champions a highly collaborative workplace while embracing ambitious and challenging technical tasks.
• Experience: You have strong experience as a software engineer and have had exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications. Plus, you have strong knowledge and experience in Python, Go, Ruby, or you're willing to learn;
• Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and solution-oriented engineer, with an interest in solving problems and delivering value;
• Impact maker: You want to help build an innovative product used by tens of thousands of users and leave your mark;
• Quality-driven: You follow best practices regarding code quality, testing and code reviews;
• Curiosity: You are a curious and open-minded engineer eager to learn;
• Team player: You have good communication skills, are comfortable working in a team, and can easily work with non-technical colleagues;
• Languages: You are fluent in English.
At Qonto we understand that true diversity isn't just about ticking boxes on a hiring checklist. Apply regardless of the boxes you tick! Who knows? You may have the missing piece of the puzzle we've been searching for all along.
A tailor-made and dynamic career track. An inclusive work environment. And so much more to help you succeed.
- Offices in every country to welcome you anytime you want (France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Serbia);
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for;
- Competitive salary package;
- A lunch card: 50% covered;
- Public transportation reimbursement (part or global);
- A great health insurance;
- Employee well-being initiatives: access to Moka Care to take care of your mental health and great offers for sports and wellness activities;
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners;
- Monthly team events.
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
To learn more about us:
Qonto's Blog | Les Échos I Challenges | Forbes
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.
Remote location allowed
Level of experience :Mid-level (2-5 years)
Check out the description to know which languages are mandatory.