Senior Data Center Engineer
Experience:Mid-level (2-5 years)
Marco is a high-performing technology services company with a track record of creating rewarding careers. Whether you are early in your career ready for an exciting opportunity, or an experienced professional eager to elevate your skills with a Print & IT services and consulting industry leader, then you have come to the right spot.
More about us. We make business technology Simple. Secure. Better. We do it all – from hosted/cloud services, copiers/printers, managed services, phone systems, document management, business IT services and audio/video systems. We are an organization with strong partnerships between sales and service. We have hundreds of sales professionals, engineers, and technicians ready to fix any and all customer problems. With over 50 years in the industry, Marco has a Gold Standard Culture with a focus on employee engagement, client satisfaction, vendor partnerships, and community partnership.
Join our growing team. You won’t regret it.
The Senior Data Center Engineer is responsible for providing quality services and solutions to our internal clients while maintaining a high level of client satisfaction. This position works cooperatively with other teams in a coordinated effort to develop, design, implement and support Marco’s Data Centers, along with the IT environment that depends upon them. While not a leadership position, the Senior datacenter engineer displays leadership qualities and may be called upon to lead others in certain situations.
- Lead the overall design and implementation of the technology stack within the Marco Data Centers
- Maintain physical access to the Marco Data Centers and be a primary contact for essential services
- Perform proactive maintenance and reactive support to the equipment within the Marco Data Centers
- Create and maintain documentation for all equipment within the Marco Data Center. Review and assist others with their documentation, offering constructive feedback and pointing out deviations from our policies and standards where necessary.
- Report on the health of the Marco Data Centers, perform capacity planning and proactively provide recommendations for future growth
- Monitor and provide proactive recommendations for backup systems and disaster recovery processes
- Review all systems and make technical/process recommendations for improving efficiency
- Assist in defining standards for all systems and processes provided by the Data Center Services group
- Administer and maintain a reliable, stable, secure and cost-effective hosting environment to deliver 24x7x365 operational service
- Provide escalated remote technical support to Marco Data Center clients. Handle requests with due urgency, empathy, and a spirit of cooperation.
- Document your work, including troubleshooting steps, time, and resolution in the service ticketing system.
- Ensure your work and the work of others adheres to Marco internal policies and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Create and maintain standard templates, documentation, images, policy, and automation that will aid in a consistent and rapid deployment of Marco Data Centers
- Research, test and recommend new tools and products to enhance the offering and efficiency of Marco’s Data Centers
- Document the procedures, infrastructure and environments and keep updated with changes to the environment
- Implement and maintain Data Center system builds that are consistent, optimized for client experience, overall performance and supportability
- Set deadlines for projects, then organize your time to meet these deadlines; be willing to put in extra time and effort to meet a time-bound goal when necessary
- Mentor other staff while you assist with implementation or utilization within your area of technical specialty
- Work multiple projects simultaneously and provide consistent, high-quality results
- Assist with implementation and or migration of clients’ existing data and applications
- Perform system and application testing to provide functional environment
- Provide onsite and or remote technical support to Marco clients during onboarding process
- Implement changes and work orders for existing Marco clients
- Review customer hosted systems and make technical/process recommendations for improving efficiency
- Stay up to date with relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of experience or equivalent experience
- Experience and current certifications or specializations aligning with the technologies used in Marco’s Data Center to include Cisco NX-OS, SAN-OS, IOS, UCS-B, ASAv, EMC VNX, Meraki MX, VMWare vSphere, Citrix XenApp, Zscaler and XenDesktop preferred.
- Current high level industry recognized certifications including one or more of the following: CCNP, CCE, VCDX, EMCTA
- Solid understanding of the administration of network operating systems and services found in a Data Center environment
We’re not just competitive when it comes to business tech – we’re also pretty proud of what we offer our employees. Our benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance. We also have paid holidays and vacation, 401k with generous company match, flexible spending accounts, employee purchase program, employer-paid life insurance, voluntary-term life insurance, short and long-term disability, critical illness and accident benefits, and pet insurance. Yes, we care about your furry family too.
*all benefits are dependent on employment status
Equal Opportunity Employer /AA Employer/Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Applicant Labor Law Posters
Remote location allowed
Level of experience :Mid-level (2-5 years)
Check out the description to know which languages are mandatory.