Who Are We?
Bottomline is on a mission to be the world’s leading business payments company, aligning our team to the common purpose of transforming the way businesses pay and get paid.
It is a journey that goes around the world serving financial institutions and companies in more than 90 countries. Our offices across APAC are conveniently positioned to optimize our global reach. Sydney, Singapore, Bangalore, and Mumbai have state-of-the-art flexible workspaces, which truly reflect our energetic, innovative culture and mission to push the boundaries of the business payments space.
Culture and Values
We are one global team, who work with and for each other in a drive to delight customers through excellent execution, which fuels how we create and grow sustained business value for our customers, our team and all who partner with us.
Our culture encourages people to be brave and curious, to drive to closure and to ensure our principles are lived out daily.
We excel at Bottomline because we are positive and passionate about building a #LifeAtBottomline
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to innovate, win and grow with us in Bangalore!
The mission for the Global Data Engineering (GDE) at Bottomline Technologies is to provide central data services to all lines of businesses at Bottomline Technologies. Within the GDE, we are the Technology Enablement Team that is responsible for enabling machine learning deployments in production. For this purpose, we work closely with other teams, which includes data scientists, product owners, etc.
While the Bottomline Technologies is a global company, our team operates as a lean startup with fully stacked team members spread across multiple time zones. We are also a forward-looking team grounded in the culture of excellence and scientific approach, and we look forward to your input and contribution.
So, what can you get here with this team at Bottomline Technologies that you cannot easily get elsewhere? Along with amazing growth with an amazing team, this opportunity can offer a blueprint for your career growth – both in terms of global team culture and skill sets in modern production machine learning and other related technologies.
The position is based out of Bangalore, India office, although we do support remote working as per circumstances.
How you’ll contribute:
- Work closely with business team units to understand what technology is most suitable for their business goals, preferably based on open-source projects.
- Create easy to maintain and reusable code and corresponding documentation that can be used by multiple projects, e.g., Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for AWS and on-premises datacenters, Python microservices for machine learning, etc
- Work with the team leaders to shape the initiatives and take ownership of technical design and implementation.
- Work closely with the data science team to productionize their machine learning models.
- Communicate clearly and effectively through knowledge artifacts with technical diagrams and summary.
- Collaborate and take ownership of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) plans.
- Share responsibilities on quality automation and production support, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Actively identify technical debt and take ownership to mitigate.
- Mentor and energize other members of the team.
Experience and Required Skills:
- 4+ year of experience as a senior engineer and mentor.
- Docker and Kubernetes experience. (Helm/Kustomize experience would be a bonus)
- Modern Python microservice development using FastAPI and CICD deployment.
- Must be adept at experimenting with new technologies, start-up setup, quick prototyping, and ability to define overall approach to drive project delivery.
- Strong experience in dealing with performance, scalability, distributed caching, Web Services and open source technologies.
- Experience with SaaS applications design, development, deployment, and support in private/public cloud environment.
- Cloud native system design and implementation.
- Must have excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Be process-compliant in performing assigned tasks and ensuring quality of project deliverables. Drive new process ideas in his/her work area.
- Agile software development, preferably with Jira and Advanced Roadmaps.
- Deep, hands-on technical expertise in high scale, service-oriented architectures.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactively and continually improve their level of knowledge about Bottomline business and relevant. technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality, accurate software deliverables.
- Good understanding of web services and integrations.
- Basic knowledge about RDBMS, preferably Postgres
- Scalar development
- Your professional ambition is aligned with our team ambitions in technology enablement for data-driven microservices and AWS cloud migration.
- You energize people around you with your amazing attitude and ingenious problem-solving skills.
- You have verifiable evidence for your passion for learning and achievement in our core technical concerns.
- You have comfortably mastered software development lifecycle with Agile and modern technology stacks.
- You have gained through professional experiences a solid foundation and understanding of the modern microservices architectures.
- You have solid demonstratable skills and understanding in system design and data persistence, as well as tradeoffs between options.
- You document and take notes for yourself since you painfully regret the amount of knowledge you’ve forgotten.
- You appreciate best practices and other viewpoints, and you can synthesis and articulate an even better view.
- You have the courage to go beyond your comfort zone.
Experience and Education:
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience
Having a good working knowledge or understanding of these skills and experience will be beneficial but not essential, as our inclusive goals consider aptitude and long-term growth.
- Passionate about technology and Quality Assurance
- Curious to learn and further skills into Automation
We welcome talent at all phases of their career, understanding and supporting additional needs (where applicable) as we look to innovate, win, and grow together.
Bottomline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all individuals in a fair and equal manner by creating an inclusive and open environment.