Vonage Product Management Mission: We bridge technology and the business needs to deliver new products and services to the market. We imagine the future and orchestrate cross-functional efforts to bring it to life. We apply business understanding, customer knowledge and competitive awareness to collaborate with and lead efforts to envision, design, develop and execute state-of-the-art products and features. Our output changes the communications game.
Why this role matters
The Director, Product Operations is a key senior leader driving our overall efforts across projects and work streams to continue to evolve a high-performing Product Operations function that consistently demonstrates organizational value. This leader will have the gravitas to rapidly establish credibility while delivering an integrated, centralized model providing direct oversight and management across workstreams while being fully hands on. A spirit of collegiality, camaraderie, and collaboration is also of significant importance in this highly visible position created to drive execution excellence and results.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Lead the cohesive, Business Management System (BMS) across Product & Engineering (P&E) partnering with the P&E Leadership team (PELT). Weekly, monthly cadence of meetings with clear agendas and deliverables.
- Manage BMS and PMO-defined governance, processes, tools, methodologies, and resources to drive consistency across reporting
- Build strong relationships with all P&E and cross-functional stakeholders and foster cooperation, coordination and communication across the organization
- Drive the creation and tracking of operational metrics, creating reports and automated dashboards where possible. Effectively track, report and address strategic issues, action items registers and risks with the right stakeholder engagement
- Continually and proactively assess current processes and feedback from key leaders providing recommendations on continuous process improvement
- Strong interlock and alignment with the Security (CISO) team to ensure all security and CFIUS regulations are followed and adhered to
- Strong partnership with Finance on all budget related items - OPEX expenditures, incremental headcount, actuals vs forecasted spend across P&E
- Interface with various Operations and PMO leaders - GNP, Sales, GTM, Marketing, HR and Finance to drive consistent, repeatable and scalable processes and cross-functional programs as needed.
- Flexibility in approach working styles bridging between Corporate and Theater functions, Ericsson and Vonage, and across time zones and cultures.
What you will bring
- A unique balance of understanding strategy, technical delivery, Agile at scale, training, process improvement and program management with the ability to understand cloud technology solutions and work through complex situations.
- Must be highly organized, results driven and have executive presence. At ease with technical content and programs in a business setting. Ability to drive automation and technical improvements across the product operations.
What is required for application
- Strong influencing skills, attention to detail and a focus on project and program management to ensure detailed tracking of all items and very strong follow up skills
- 18+ years experience
- BA/BS in Business, CS or Operations
- PMP certification or similar experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Business or related field.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Cloud technology or experience with Communications Service Providers (CSPs)
- Experience with APIs in a complex and fast paced environment
What is in it for you
- In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Potential Next Career Move: Senior Director, Product Operations - Product & Engineering