Working At Bitso
We are a diverse team that takes pride in understanding the perspectives of others. We fully embrace working remotely and we are eager to act, improve and accelerate progress inside and outside of our organization.
To drive revolutionary changes in society and make crypto useful, we delight our customers with world-class products, deep care, and intentional empathy.
As a Sr. Java Software Engineer for Internal tools you write and ship code for our most important services in our financial ecosystem integration backbone. This includes being the guardian and owner not only of the code, but of the whole process involved from the design to the final delivery as well. You will be overseeing the backend of our new back-office, staff-facing web application with rich, intuitive and intelligent features to improve the experience and productivity of hundreds of our employees, solving business and customer common problems, giving new solutions proposals, engaging in code reviews and software design sessions with other teammates, being part of our thriving technological environment, being a fast learner and adapting to any incoming project.
This Role will be reporting to the Internal tools Engineering Manager
Who You Are
- Excellent English communication skills
- A proficient and experienced engineer with vast knowledge in many different tools and business domains. This means you are not tight to the boundaries of the language of your preference but capable of quickly learning and understanding concepts you may be unfamiliar with in a language agnostic fashion.
- A team player. Have a demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment together and feel comfortable to challenge other Sr. Engineers putting ego aside and the common good first rather than the personal benefit
- Autonomous - Is expected to have autonomy and independence and a get it done attitude
- A professional with excellent verbal and written language communication skills (English language proficiency required
We expected solid knowledge of:
- Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development (Experience with tools like Mockito, Spock, Cucumber etc)
- Object Oriented and Functional Programming design (Java and Spring mostly) - API Design and Testing
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment. (Experience with tools like Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Spinnaker are a great fit)
- Software Architectures and System Design
- Databases (PostgreSQL is a plus)
- Understanding of Cloud Architectures, Microservices and Distributed Systems
- Containerization (Kubernetes and Docker)
- Familiarity with PHP and Shell Scripting is a plus
- Experience with OPA (Open Policy Agent), OAuth 2.0 and OpenID
What You Will Do
- Be responsible for building and maintaining Bitso critical internal facing applications
- Understand the requirements of Bitso'semployees
- Design and implement software tests
- Engage politely on code reviews to maintain the highest level of quality standard
- Help and correct bugs on our financial platform
- Drive new feature development cooperatively with the Stakeholders
- Have regular discussions with passionate people from many backgrounds
- Architect solutions and improvement to scale our product and financial platforms
- Ship high performance code designed for high scale, high growth, high visibility markets for every day hundreds of thousands of users
Who We Are
With over 7 million users, Bitso is the leading cryptocurrency platform in Latin America. We are developing the cryptocurrency ecosystem in the region and enabling financial inclusion. We believe crypto is the future of finance, and we’re committed to making it useful by providing equal access to safe and intuitive financial products.
We are here to make a lasting impact on our customer’s lives and we do so by embracing our core values:
- Be Human: we delight our customers through great products, deep care and true empathy. We are humble and we take pride in understanding the views of others to help us see the full picture.
- Drive Change: we're fearless pioneers committed to unlocking the crypto revolution for humanity. We move fast, take risks and work together to drive lasting impact.
- Choose Bold Honesty: we seek the truth, especially when it’s uncomfortable, in our teams, products and business reality because that will uncover where we need to focus.
- Be An Owner: our sense of urgency makes us have a bias towards action, where we prioritize exceptionally and are wise in allocating our time to ensure we always deliver creative and innovative results.
Learn more about our culture and values.
Compensation & Benefits
At Bitso, you are taking the front seat on the edge of crypto innovation, creating the next generation of crypto-powered products.
So for those willing to commit, adapt and pioneer the most important change of the century we offer:
- Me Time program, including unlimited paid time off.
- Remote-first work environment.
- Employee Stock Option program.
- Zero trading fees through our Bitso app.
- Extended Family Leave policy: all birthing parents, non-birthing parents and adopting parents are eligible for a 4-months leave.
- Premium health, dental and life insurances in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
- Mental wellness platform.
- Volunteering days.
- Subsidized caregiving for children, adults or pets.
- Monthly stipend for gym memberships, relaxation activities, sports equipment, cooking classes, books, entertainment and more.
Want to leave an undoubtedly legacy with us? Fasten your seatbelt and join this spaceship, where you will find exponential growth and the opportunity to thrive!
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
- This role is expected to work remotely.