At Acorns we look after the financial best interest of the up-and-coming. We are innovators. We make bold decisions. We stay curious, inspiring one another to push past all previous thresholds of possibility. We are one team and are building a diverse community of team members, partners, and customers from all walks of life to foster creativity, challenge conventional thinking, and put the tools of wealth-making in everyone’s hands.
We are looking for missionaries who are rooted in purpose, to join our team. We can achieve our goals if we are a team of missionaries working toward a shared purpose and mission.
Our mission? With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering, proud step of micro-investing.
How do we accomplish our mission? Our values.
Lead With Heart
With compassion, integrity, and tenacity, inspire yourself and others to move past all previous thresholds of possibility
Make Bold Decisions
We are creating a new world. Be optimistic, adventurous, and courageous. Leap fearlessly into the future
Always Build Trust
Say what you mean, mean what you say, and do what you say you’re going to do. We are all owners. We are one team
Never Stop Growing
Change IS the constant. Stay hungry and curious. Be relentless in the pursuit of progress
Find a way
Never settle, no excuses, nothing is impossible. Just make it happen
Our values guide us, and our mission drives us.
Come join us and help deliver financial wellness for the whole family, creating compound growth at every life stage.
Sr. Product Designer, Growth | Acorns
Acorns is seeking a Sr. Product Designer to join our growth team. This role will collaborate with cross-functional teams to enhance registration related user experiences, ensuring that every interaction is not only seamless but also contributes to the overall growth and success of Acorns.
We are a team of creative, curious, solutions-oriented people and seek out these qualities in everyone we hire. You should have deep empathy for our customers, understand user needs and obstacles through the lens of data and have a passion for crafting unique, testable product experiences that drive business impact.
This role will report to the Manager of Product Design and has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine, CA or New York, NY offices.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Familiarize yourself with our design language, existing registration funnels and products
- Meet and get to know your fellow Design teammates, as well as key stakeholders you’ll be working with
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and launch your first iterative tests
- Complete Acorns’ best-in-class onboarding, Acorns’ Seedling Program
- Participate in a virtual coffee session hosted by Acorns’ CEO, Noah Kerner
- Attend your first community-wide virtual all-hands meeting
Within 3 months, you will:
- Experiment, innovate, and take a data-led approach to optimizing the customer journey
- Collaborate with growth product managers to uncover new ideas and shape product growth, and work closely with growth engineers as they build and ship solutions
- Work through design problems from end to end, translating business strategy, research insights, and data into crafting exceptional user journeys
- Use design thinking to drive cross-functional alignment
- Review your 30-60-90 day goals and accomplishments with your manager
- Engage in Acorn’s Community & Heritage celebrations
- Receive operational updates from our GoHenry & PixPay team members during Acorns’ quarterly global virtual all-hands session
Within 6 months, you will:
- Be comfortable with all parts of our products and features
- Help optimize multiple products and features based on user feedback, stakeholder feedback, user testing, and product experiments
- Complete a Performance Development Check-in to Align on Performance and Values Rating Trends
What you will bring to Acorns:
- 5-8 years experience designing consumer-facing mobile product experiences; passion for designing funnels, small experiments, and growth design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to present work to executive leadership
- Understanding of A/B testing practices, customer acquisition and retention
- Experience using Figma
- Adaptable and quick learner who enjoys tackling a large variety of problems
- A natural curiosity that leads you to always wonder how we could make our products better for our users
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionate about Acorns' mission, vision, and values, please apply.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible work hours, location, and paid time off
- 401k discretionary match
- Monthly Acorns account contribution & GoHenry account for your family
- Wellness Days - Company-wide quarterly days off to rest + recharge
- Mindfulness, Mental Health, and Financial Wellness resources: Headspace, Ginger, and Addition Wealth are offered at no cost to you
- Acorns Career Development Program (Monthly Acorns to Oaks training sessions, development plans, quarterly development check-ins, Cornerstone’s online training platform)
- Roots Leadership Program for emerging leaders
- Monthly community celebrations, events, panel discussions, and speakers
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission, and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is how everyday consumers save & invest for the long term. To date, customers have invested over $15 billion with Acorns, much of it in spare change. By putting the tools of wealth-making in everyone's hands, Acorns has become the largest subscription service in U.S. consumer finance, serving over 10 million everyday Americans. Customers get automated investing in diversified portfolios, a simple retirement product, a bank account that helps people spend less to invest more, and bonus investments from 20k brands. Plus, everyday Americans can easily invest in their kids and get money news they can use, all from the same app. From acorns, mighty oaks do grow!
Commitment to a diverse community:
Acorns is committed to building a diverse community of customers, partners, and team members. We believe that fostering diversity not only fuels creativity but also challenges conventional thinking and helps us properly represent the unique experience of the everyday consumer that we serve.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $174,500 and $194,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, equity grants, and discretionary cash bonus awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Click here to view Acorns Privacy Notice for California Job Candidates.