Program Manager, Operations Technology
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The Operations Technology team is responsible for building the infrastructure to help our Operations organizations scale. Businesses that run on Stripe - from fledgling upstarts to household names - place significant trust in Stripe to accelerate their success. This makes our user-facing teams, and the software layer that connects them with users, mission-critical: users need fast, accurate and contextualized answers to their questions - 24/7 - over phone, chat, and email. Our Technology team partners with product and engineering teams to identify, scope, prioritize, pilot, and roll out tooling and product improvements to help Stripe help our users. From self-serve optimization, to agent diagnostic and resolution tools, to tools driving internal efficiency across Stripe, the Technology team’s mandate is expansive (2K+ support agents) and the biggest lever for improving our overall support experience.
What you’ll do
As an Ops Technology Program Manager, you will be responsible for deeply understanding Ops priorities and metrics, translating those priorities to tooling needs, and driving change at the intersection of Operations and our partner engineering teams.
We’re looking for folks who are laser-focused on metrics, seek to find the win-win with cross functional stakeholders, have demonstrated technical aptitude, and have incredible horsepower.
- Own problems from end to end, managing complexity to scope and execute tooling and product requests within SLA
- Understand user, agent, and partner organization pain points
- Utilize SQL to pull, analyze and articulate quantifiable business impact
- Translate business needs into technical requirements
- Work with Ops front line and engineers to debug technical issues
- Partner with the product and engineering teams to prioritize, pilot, and roll out new capabilities
- Assess and communicate implications of engineering developments to the Operations organization
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 5+ years in program management, preferably at high-growth technology company with a track record of top performance; more senior opportunities available for those with more experience
- A track record of leading end-to-end execution of projects/programs that deliver quantifiable business impact
- Experience distilling complex needs to clear solutions
- Demonstrated ability to learn the implications of new technologies and systems
- Strong critical thinking and data-analysis skills, including SQL capability
- Enthusiasm for diving deep to understand the root cause of issues
- Initiative to propose creative solutions to cross-functional partners, especially in an engineering and product environment
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for articulating user challenges
- A deep understanding of Operations or Support organizations
- Experience with technical platforms
- Experience partnering directly with product and engineering teams throughout the product development lifecycle and/or go-to-market
- Experience in strategy consulting or finance