NewRocket, a global, full-service Elite ServiceNow partner, helps top enterprise leaders solve their toughest business problems and navigate change with confidence. The go-to ServiceNow guide, NewRocket was recently awarded the “2023 ServiceNow Worldwide Customer Workflow Partner of the Year” and “2023 ServiceNow Creator Workflow Partner of the Year”.
We work with some of the world’s biggest brands, bridging the gap between what customers expect and what their technology can deliver. We #GoBeyondWorkflows to create new kinds of experiences for our customers. Come join our Crew!
NewRocket is a global team made up of ServiceNow professionals who help our customers run and grow their ServiceNow environments. We are hiring for a ServiceNow Senior Software Engineer - ITSM to join our Technology team. We will provide support and guidance to get you up to speed on some of the most amazing projects! We provide official ServiceNow training so you can achieve multiple certifications. We will set expectations for what success looks like. Then we will allow you use your skills and experience to come up with innovative solutions to achieve customer goals.
What You Will Be Doing
- Analyze, design, program, debug and modify software enhancements
- Write code, complete programming, and perform testing and debugging of applications using current programming language and techniques.
- Contribute to writing test scripts and complete unit testing
- Facilitate and mentor across multiple ITSM projects and/crews
- Provide technical expertise in code writing and reviews
- Gathering requirements when required from the customer
- Scoping and Estimating Features/enhancements
- Collaborate with delivery team and other engineers to understand, estimate, prioritize and implement requests for development and requirements
- Apply modern technology and innovation to improve platform functionality
- Deliver outstanding customer experiences by providing administration, development and support during implementation of ServiceNow solutions
- Working customer incidents, requests, low/medium complex enhancements, whilst following development and CAB processes, and the customers internal ticket and change processes
- Updating and keeping current cases and customer tickets for incidents, requests, questions, enhancements, and defects for clients
- Ensuring all cases are meeting agreed SLAs. Escalating proactively
- Remediate any production incidents that arise related to this scope
- Proactively maintain operational documentation and SOPs to reduce support risk & inefficiency
- Providing on call and after hours support as required
What You Bring Along
- Strong knowledge of software engineering principles for cloud-based platforms
- Strong understanding of the ServiceNow functionalities and features
- Experience with ITSM capabilities within ServiceNow
- Solid knowledge of glide record usage, XML and structural programming concepts
- Ability to research and independently learn new technical information to perform configuration, operation, or network connectivity of applications, operating systems and network devices
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts
- Keen attention to detail
- Swift action and analysis to identified customer issues
- Good Business Analysis skills for requirements gathering and clarification
Certifications and Knowledge
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer Certification or the ability to obtain relevant certification.