Service Centre Supervisor, Afternoon Shift
CHEP helps move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organization on earth via our 300 million pallets, crates and containers. We employ 11,000 people and operate in more than 55 countries. Through our pioneering and sustainable share-and-reuse business model, the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, safely and with less environmental impact.
What does that mean for you? You’ll join an international organization big enough to take you anywhere, and small enough to get you there sooner. You’ll help change how goods get to market and contribute to global sustainability. You’ll be empowered to bring your authentic self to work and be surrounded by diverse and driven professionals. And you can maximize your work-life balance and flexibility through our Hybrid Work Model.
Are you an experienced Operations Team Supervisor looking to join a global ASX listed organisation and take the next step in your career?
As part of the Operations team, your role will be to provide direction and support to the production team for the afternoon shift(2pm-10pm) at our brand new site in Direk, ensuring productivity targets are met and leading innovation and change.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Responsible and accountable for occupational health and safety of employees, contractors and site visitors
- Manage shift maintenance, equipment breakdowns and liaise with maintenance staff
- Ensuring that customers’ expectations (internal and external) are met or exceeded
- Provide leadership and direction to direct reports
- Maintain quality and service standards on the shift
- Develop people & identify training needs for shift employees
- Achieve budgeted costs and production forecasts for the shift
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in a fast paced industrial production or operations environment
- The leadership capability to nurture, develop, drive and motivate a diverse multi-cultural workforce
- Solid experience in performance management and conflict resolution
- A commitment to safety, continuous improvement, innovation and change
- Some exposure to production and maintenance planning, embracing the use of technology
- Strong communication and team building skills
Preferred EducationNot Indicated
Preferred Level of Work ExperienceNot IndicatedNot Remote
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as Brambles or CHEP representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. Brambles and CHEP never conduct interviews via online chat or request money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.