Geospatial Analyst II
The Role: Geospatial Analyst II
The Location: U.S Remote
The Team: We are a close-knit remote team, working together on GIS projects for government contracts. Although remote, our type of work requires constant communication and collaboration to ensure quality data and problem solving. Projects include spatial data management, editing, research and quality assurance.
The Impact: Our team bills their time towards fully funded projects, meaning our work generates revenue for S&P. We support the Federal government in maintaining their PLSS geospatial data and have developed a trusted and respectful relationship throughout the last 25 years.
What’s in it for you: Opportunity to expand GIS skills related to ArcPro, ArcPro Fabric, geospatial applications and editing tools, Arcade/Python, enterprise data management systems and web platforms. Career growth and yearly bonus compensation for those individuals who demonstrate strong GIS skills, professionalism, and are motivated.
- Possesses working knowledge of map design and data management processes in traditional and/or web GIS environments.
- Utilize knowledge of Public Land Survey System (PLSS) and other cadastral/land records information.
- Creates, integrates manages, displays, publishes data in local or enterprise data management systems or web platforms (e.g., ArcGIS Online).
- Uses custom or out of the box toolbox tools to ensure data integrity or to accomplish tasking.
- Performs analyses of spatial and non-spatial data.
- Works to a high level of accuracy under the technical supervision of a project lead or senior level technician.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience with ESRI’s Arc Pro, including geoprocessing tools such as COGO, Model Builder, projections/transformations, and general editing tools like merge, split, create, snapping, topology.
- Experience with ESRI’s Arc Parcel Fabric for ArcGIS Pro. Also experience with standard geodatabases, datasets, feature classes.
- Experience linking and integrating data from multiple sources and maintaining and tracking of data source. This will also include making appropriate decisions based upon documented data quality and/or source.
- Knowledge of Public Land Survey System (PLSS) and strong understanding of cadastral surveying procedures. Ability to read survey plats i.e. bearings and distances
- Self-starting / Motivated.
- Comfortable working remote from other team members and clients and remain a connected/engaged part of a team.
- Reliable, will meet deadlines, take pride in work.
- Ability to make sound editing decisions related to final product presentation.
Grade/Level (relevant for internal applicants only): 8
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $48,000 to $55,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.