Document Editor (Secret Clearance)
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Documentation Editor to join our team in Chesapeake, Va.
We are currently seeking a Document Editor for a position located in Chesapeake, VA. This is NOT a remote position. (Security Clearance or Interim Secret Clearance required) This Entry Level position will be responsible for converting and editing U.S. Navy and Coast Guard technical Combat Systems Operational Sequencing System (CSOSS) procedures and drawings.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- 0-5 years of office administration, or business admin skills
- 0+ years experience being able to decipher redlines (changes) on technical procedures and drawings made by validators (other team members) who recently visited updated ships
- Apply redlines to XML formatted procedures in accordance with strict editing standards
- Apply redlines to drawings in accordance with strict editing standards
- Perform Quality Assurance checks on procedures and drawings to ensure compliance with editing standards
- Ability to prioritize work and meet hard deadlines.
- 0+ years of experience with Navy Maintenance databases a plus, especially: Maintenance and Ship Work Planning (M&SWP)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, and works well in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to self-start and work independently on initiated efforts
- Must have a current/active Secret Security Clearance, or ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret Clearance. An interim Secret will allow the candidate to start.
- The person in this position must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, or to communicate with co-workers, management, and customers, via email, phone, and or virtual
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.