Associate Editor, EMEA Chemical and Polymer Markets
S&P Global Commodity Insights: MRTS
The Role: Associate Editor, EMEA Chemical and Polymer Markets
The Team: You will be joining an ambitious, people-first team that prizes effective collaboration and strong inter- and intra-team relationships. We value team members who are self-motivated, have a good sense of humor, are willing to help out their colleagues, and are keen to learn. We believe strongly in diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to making all feel welcome and valued.
The Impact: The expanding team of chemical price reporters in the London office plays a crucial role in the development of S&P Global Commodity Insights coverage in chemical and polymer markets. The European chemicals sector is at the forefront of the industry in developments in areas such as sustainability. As Editor, you will be responsible for price assessments that serve as a reference point for buyers and sellers across the region.
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent career growth potential within the Chemicals team; a fast-paced team that works across polymers, recycled plastics, olefins, aromatics and blending components markets.
- Opportunities to travel, including internationally for industry events and conferences, where you may have the chance to represent S&P Global Commodity Insights as a speaker.
- You will also have the chance to represent the company in face-to-face meetings, in webinars, podcasts, or other interviews.
- You will assist in identifying, developing, and executing assessment opportunities to drive growth in chemical markets across Europe, Turkey and Africa.
- You will be responsible for research into new markets, understanding and driving forward methodology projects.
- You will provide daily market coverage of the EMEA Chemicals markets. You will write commentaries that explain the trends driving prices. You will produce news stories, podcasts and infographics, as well as representing the company at industry events across the region.
- You will correspond with significant market participants on a daily basis, spending a signification part of the day gathering market information and building relationships with new and existing sources.
- You will ensure that Platts’ purpose is understood across the market and strengthen the company’s position by launching new price assessments as required.
What We’re Looking For:
- A developed interest in commodity markets and/or the chemicals industry
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with a wide range of role types and personalities, internally and externally
- Confidence with networking and developing business relationships
- Strong public speaking / presentational skills
- Good numeracy skills including confidence using Excel
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages would be an advantage: Arabic, French, Turkish.
Flexible Working (optional)
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Grade/Level (relevant for internal applicants only): 9
The Location: London
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.