Supplier Support Associate (Korean/English)
Assent is the leading solution for supply chain sustainability tailored for the world’s top-tier, sustainability-driven manufacturers. Hidden risks riddle supply chains, many of which weren't built with sustainability in mind. That's where we step in. With insights from experts, Assent is the tool manufacturers trust for comprehensive sustainability.
We've grown from $5 million to $85 million ARR in just six years. With our recent $350 million funding led by Vista Equity Partners, we're poised for even greater expansion and are on the lookout for outstanding team members.
Being a Certified B Corporation, we don't just advocate for sustainability – we live it. This certification underscores our commitment to environmental, social, and governance excellence. At Assent, your work will directly amplify transparency, sustainability, and fair practices worldwide.
Hybrid Work Model
At Assent, we proudly embrace a remote-first work model, valuing the flexibility and autonomy it provides our team. We also acknowledge the intangible benefits of occasional in-person workdays. For team members situated within 50 kms/31 miles of our five global offices in Ottawa, Eldoret, Penang, Columbus, and Amsterdam, you can expect to come into the office one day a week. Similarly, those near our co-working spaces in Nairobi and Toronto are encouraged to work onsite once a month.
Join our Talent Community to stay in touch and learn more!
The Supplier Support Associate is an entry level role that reports to the Manager, Supplier Support. The Supplier Support Associate forms part of the wider Supplier Support team and assists with obtaining declarations and other important information from non-responsive suppliers in our client’s supply chains.
Key Requirements and Responsibilities
- Communicate with Korean and English speaking suppliers through a multi channel approach including emails, phone calls and conference calls to gather compliance information, assist with compliance requests, and confirm quality of the documents provided;
- Work directly with top tier suppliers to help them respond to their compliance requests;
- Handle inbound calls from suppliers to help them troubleshoot, navigate their compliance requests by providing a positive experience;
- Engage with unresponsive suppliers through outbound calls, supplier education and webinar invites;
- Language support may be required to help with internal translations, hosting webinars, and joining prospect calls with the Sales team;
- Work closely with Program Success team to strategize on the best approach for new customers, client campaigns and supplier issues
- Validate and ensure Quality Assurance for compliance data provided by our suppliers;
- Act as a peer mentor to Supplier Support Agents as required;
- Keep up to date with new regulations and changes in Assent’s products to become an expert in your field;
- Be familiar with corporate security policies and follow the guidance set out by processes and procedures of Assent.
We strongly value your talent, energy and passion. It will also be valuable to Assent if you have the following qualifications,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, primarily in English and Korean;
- Having studied or worked in South Korea is a strong asset.
- An understanding of, and sensitivty to Korean Business Culture.
- Approximately 1 year of related work experience, providing support to external customers in English or Japanese;
- You must currently reside in Malaysia and be eligible to work for any employer in the country;
Life at Assent
Wellness: We believe that you and your family’s well being is important. As a result, we offer vacation time that increases with tenure, comprehensive benefits packages (details vary by country), life leave days and more.
Financial Benefits: It’s not all about the money – well, it’s a little about the money. We understand that financial health is important and we offer a competitive base salary, a corporate bonus program, retirement savings options and more.
Life at Assent: There is purpose beyond your work. We provide our team members with flexible work options, volunteer days and opportunities to get involved in corporate giving initiatives.
Lifelong Learning: At Assent, curiosity is not only valued but encouraged. You will receive professional development days that are available to you the day you start.
Find Your Balance with Us: We get it - you need work and life to mesh in a way that feels right for you. That's why we're big on remote work and flexibility. But hey, if you're within 50 kms/31 miles of our main hubs in Ottawa, Eldoret, Penang, Columbus, or Amsterdam, we do ask that you pop into the office just once a week. And for our folks near the co-working spots in Nairobi and Toronto? A monthly visit is all we ask.
At Assent, we are committed to growing and sustaining an environment where our team members feel included, valued, and heard. Our diversity and equal opportunity practices are guided and championed by our Diversity and Inclusion Working Group and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion includes recruiting and retaining team members from diverse backgrounds and experiences, and fostering a culture of belonging where all team members are included, treated with dignity and respect, promoted on their merits, and placed in positions to contribute to business success.
If you require assistance or accommodation throughout any part of the interview and selection process, please contact email@example.com and we will be happy to help.