Director, Enrollment Experience
About Ross University School of Medicine
Ross University School of Medicine (RUSM), an Adtalem Global Education institution, expands access and opportunity to students on the path to becoming skilled physicians who are determined to make an impact in global communities. RUSM has graduated more than 15,000 alumni who practice in the U.S. and Canada. Located in Barbados, RUSM promotes equitable educational access through the Access and Inclusion in Medicine (AIM) Scholars Program to advance equity in healthcare through diversity and inclusion and to directly impact undeserved communities by decreasing health disparities in the U.S. RUSM is accredited by the Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and Other Health Professions.
Visit medical.rossu.edu for more information, and follow on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Reporting directly to the VP, Enrollment Management, this leader is responsible for building a high performing Admission team in support of our Adtalem’s two Medical Schools—Ross University School of Medicine and American University of the Caribbean and one Vet School – Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. Central to the role is providing management to team in supporting the interview process and application coordination in student admissions and recruitment practices across multiple geographies and program offerings. Collaboration and partnership with our Directors of Admission for Med/Vet will be critical for success and the achievement of performance expectations. The successful candidate will be a dynamic and thoughtful communicator and track record a strong leader of people and process. We are seeking someone who is process-focused, data driven, and tenacious in the desire to grow and continually improve. This leader should possess high drive and a sense of "can do" in identifying opportunities for improvement within the admissions experience.
- Collaborates with the Directors of Admissions for Med/Vet and executes strategies from VP,
- Enrollment Management to meet the operating plan, student outcomes, and institutional goals.
- Relentlessly pursues operational and talent development in support of becoming and maintaining a high-performance team.
- Manages a team that interviews prospective students and reviews and processes student applications and/or documents.
- Responsible for a team that reviews and updates student credentials needed for admissions status, enters and monitors required data into integrated student database, and monitors progress of applicants.
- Leadership in identifying, creating, and implementing Admission and Student Recruitment best practices across both institutions, supported with data and sound reporting, and aligned to meet all strategic objectives.
- Operationally strong—will develop a dashboard for reporting metrics and KPIs as well as strategies for efficiencies to better leverage the organization—including technology and structure.
- Focuses on enhancing the student experience in looking for new opportunities to improve interview and documentation processes.
- Brings a talent-mindset to leading a team—actively coaches, develops, and holds direct reports and indirect reports responsible for results and adhering to our institutional TEACH values—must care about the “what” and the “how” and build a strong, cohesive team.
- Communicates well across all levels of the organization and works well in a matrixed organization.
- Is compliance minded and ethical—maintains highest levels of integrity.
- Cares deeply about our mission and understands the prospect journey and creates and implements new approaches to improve new student enrollment experience.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- 7+ Years management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and minimum of 10 years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding admissions and enrollment metrics.
- Possesses expertise in Admissions—preferably health degree or Medical School—and understands and keeps abreast of industry best practices for private sector admissions and enrollment process, policies, and student experience.
- Proven experience in higher education enrollment with a track record of results.
- Well experienced in organizational change and operational effectiveness.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong communication and collaboration experience.
- Proven experience driving results while collaborating across multiple locations with multiple stakeholders.
- Responsibility for overseeing and managing key business outcomes for multiple schools.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and make decisions based on data.
- Ability to excel in a matrix organizational structure.
- Ability to interact with all organizational levels, students, faculty, leadership, external stakeholders, and staff.
- Possesses a talent mindset of growth, development and results—is both caring and accountable; direct; resilient and mission driven.
- Able to generate and analyze data and present a synthesis of findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Possesses strong business acumen, operational skills and experience in working in a highly regulated, compliance driven environment and industry.
- Thrives in a Mission and Purpose driven culture; is Relational and Results oriented.
- Ability to travel as needed, Preferred location Miami, Florida or Chicago, Il. Relocation available but will consider alternative location for the right candidate.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $97,253.99 and $175,761.85. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- Participation in Adtalem’s Flexible Time Off (FTO) Policy
- 12 Paid Holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/benefits.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.