At Divvy Homes, we're building an on-ramp to homeownership – one that's more flexible, more affordable, and an all-around better fit for today’s American family – and it’s working. Recognized as Time 100’s most influential companies of 2022 and a Great Place to Work, Divvy strives to build a team that can uphold our mission.
About This Role
As a Legal Operations Associate on our Operations team team, you will be tasked with overseeing and resolving Divvy’s most sensitive resident interactions. We are looking for a detail-oriented paralegal to assist with preparing court documents and filings, reviewing dispossessory actions, and assisting with day-to-day delinquency and payment tasks. This fast-paced role requires empathy, urgency, and a strong attention to detail. You will be a direct line of communication with attorneys, internal teams, court systems, law enforcement, as well as our residents.
Please note: This is a remote role, but we are currently looking for someone based in our Atlanta, Georgia market.
We have a documented equal pay policy and do not negotiate on offers. To maintain fairness and keep starting total comp the same for anyone who comes into that position, individual pay is determined by role, level and work location only. At the offer stage, we give candidates 3 different offers to choose from depending on how they want to favor cash vs equity. The US based salary range for this position is $74,475 to $84,475 + equity + benefits.
- Facilitating communication between the court system, law enforcement, attorneys, and internal teams
- Preparing and drafting demand letters, dispossessory actions, bankruptcy removals, and other documents related to non-payment of rent or lease termination across all markets
- Appearances in court, on behalf of Divvy, a minimum of once per month
- Negotiating consent agreements and favorable terms to achieve desired outcomes
- Analyzing legal documents related to dispossessory actions and forming a path forward
- Responding to all inquiries with professionalism, empathy, and urgency
- Willing to adapt and expand your duties and responsibilities as the role develops over time
Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in a paralegal or similar role, preferably at a real estate firm
- Great problem-solving skills, de-escalating customer interactions, and issue resolution
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment with a performance culture
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Knowledge of the dispossessory process
- Technical aptitude and ability to explain complex scenarios via phone and email
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and high-stakes situations
- Willingness to travel for court hearings or other legal-related actions
Perks & Benefits:
- Prioritizes health & wellness with flexible PTO, monthly mental health day, generous leave policies and company-sponsored Modern Health coaching and therapy sessions
- Competitive salary + equity
- 90% paid medical benefits for you and your dependents (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k match & access to a financial planner
- $1,000 professional development stipend
- One-time $350 remote workspace allowance
- $250 monthly co-working space stipend
- 16 weeks paid parental leave & flexible return to work
- Recognized as Time 100’s most influential companies of 2022 & a Great Place to Work
Divvy Homes is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are woman-led and have focused on diversity, equity and inclusion from the moment Divvy was founded. Divvy has 8 Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to celebrate not only our cultural uniqueness, but also to create a sense of belonging. We care deeply about hiring a workforce that is diverse not only in gender and ethnicity, but in experience, thought, and geography. We enthusiastically encourage individuals from a variety of lived experiences to reach out and learn more about our roles at Divvy.