Life Underwriting Manager | Remote
At Allianz Life, we are guided by our mission – we secure your future – and by our common goal of caring for tomorrow. We care for our employees by promoting an inclusive culture where everyone has the opportunity to grow and be rewarded for their success. We care for our customers by creating new products that help them protect their families and pursue their retirement goals. We care for our community by giving time, resources, and donations. And we care for the future by supporting sustainability, protecting the local environment, and promoting societal equity. **
What you do:**
Partner with senior leadership to operationalize strategic goals while leading a team of life insurance underwriters. Execute key business priorities, achieve business performance targets, and deliver a positive experience to both internal and external customers. This role can be done remotely and will report into the Chief Underwriter.
- Executes department plans to ensure successful coordination of team activities (on and offshore). Achieve performance targets while accomplishing controls and managing risks.
- Promotes a customer-centric environment within the team and builds successful customer relationships. Demonstrate responsiveness by gathering input and feedback from customers. Implement continuous process improvements to deliver and maintain a high-quality end-to-end customer service experience and achieve overall customer satisfaction targets.
- Coaches and develops team members to support the service delivery strategy. Partner with employees to create development plans and conduct regular career coaching conversations. Solicits employee feedback and builds/executes employee engagement action plans. Use workforce planning models to assess staff needs.
- Coordinates important change initiatives within assigned department to support the evolving service strategy. Ensure flexibility, change readiness and adaptability of the team to achieve business goals into the future.
- Establishes successful working relationship with peers, Operations leaders, important business partners, and vendors to deliver a high-quality end-to-end customer experience aligned with the service strategy and company-wide priorities.
- Correspond with internal and external customers regarding the status/escalation of cases, including field and internal distribution partners, the medical community, reinsurers and vendors.
- Recommend improvements to the internal Underwriting guidelines, operational procedures, and standards; leads/participates in departmental projects as assigned.
What you bring:
- 5+ years managerial experience
Life Insurance/Financial services experience;
Successful strategic leadership;
Relationship and customer service skills;
Direct people leadership experience.
- 10+ years Life Underwriting experience with minimum $2,500,000 approval authority
- Four year degree required: or equivalent work experience
Range $93,000 - $186,000
Actual base salary may vary based on factors such as relevant experience, qualifications, internal equity of peers, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for an annual incentive program. **
What we offer:**
At Allianz Life, we’re proud to provide a benefits package that supports the True Balance of our employees and their families. We offer: a choice of comprehensive medical, dental and vision plan options, health savings account, tuition reimbursement, student loan retirement plan, generous annual paid leave, an outstanding 401(k) company match, and life insurance. Plus, our employees enjoy an award-winning campus with an array of discounted amenities, including an onsite health center, child development center, fitness facility, convenience store and two cafeterias. Our employees and leaders take an active role in shaping our culture through our Employee Resource Groups, whose activities and advocacy contribute to an environment that welcomes, includes and celebrates diversity. Our great benefits, campus amenities and inclusive, engaged culture are among the many reasons we’re routinely recognized as a top workplace employer.
35616 | Underwriting | Management | Allianz US Life | Full-Time | Permanent Warning: When posting this job advertisement on an external job board, the length of the following fields combined must not exceed 3950 characters: "External Posting Description", "External Posting Footer"
Allianz Group is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the conﬁdence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for our customers and the world around us. We at Allianz believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in. We therefore welcome applications regardless of ethnicity or cultural background, age, gender, nationality, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
Join us. Let’s care for tomorrow.