Livestock Accountant (Tax & Audit)
Through the name Pinion, we strengthen our commitment to making a difference in the lives we touch and the world we live in.
As a specialized consulting firm, we bring an unprecedented level of resources, innovations, and solutions on a global scale.
Just as a pinion gear system drives motion, we deliver powerful strategies and thought leadership that drives your business and legacy forward.
Do you enjoy challenging projects and the opportunity to influence others in the livestock industry? Are you inspired by the opportunity to influence the food chain while strengthening the financial future of animal protein producers? If you are interested in partnering with progressive business owners and key decision makers across the US, we’d like to hear from you. Pinion is a Top 70 accounting and consulting firm committed to serving clients, developing employees, and supporting the local community. Our growth hasn’t slowed, and we currently have several openings for experienced professionals in office, hybrid or remote. **
What you’ll be doing:**
If you’re a CPA and want to experience a different way of serving clients, look no further. Become a key business partner for our livestock clients in 48 states, helping them strategically grow their business. This role will provide you with an opportunity to challenge the status quo and make a real difference as you effectively manage people, projects, and clients. Beyond review of tax returns or overseeing the risk and financial performance of engagements, you will also help to lead a team of accounting professionals committed to developing creative ideas and delivering significant value to many of the top 25 feed yard and beef producers. If you’re a curious leader who isn’t afraid to dig deep in pursuit of answers, and you’re energized by initiating conversations with clients, we invite you to read on. **
What you’ll need for this position:**
- 2+ years of experience in public accounting, with agriculture experience and CPA license strongly preferred
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, or a related field
- The ability to build relationships and gain opportunities with clients as you provide leading-edge accounting and consulting services
- A desire and ability to identify trends and patterns in client information and financials, identifying issues and bringing them to the client’s attention
- The curiosity to go beyond the textbook, asking hard questions and using technical skills to provide solutions to client problems
- A track record of successfully leading and mentoring audit or tax team members while managing projects
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex financial information
- Experience in financial reporting, and proficiency in the taxation of corporations, consolidated entities, partnerships, and other flow-through entities
- Knowledge of GAAP and accounting standards and application to financial statements
- Hedging or commodity risk management knowledge, from an accounting perspective is preferred
- Willingness to travel occasionally overnight, up to 10% annually
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis upon hire. (Pinion will not provide sponsorship for this position, and therefore cannot consider candidates requiring sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g., H-1B status)).
What’s in it for you:
- People-centered culture, with humor and fun as part of our core firm values
- Robust training and development program designed to help you discover your distinct abilities and use them to grow yourself and the firm
- More freedom to explore your areas of interest
- Fast track to leadership and influence for those who pursue it
- Pinion offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401k/profit sharing, holidays, flexible work arrangements, and paid leave.
_In some states and municipalities, Pinion is required by law to include a reasonable estimate for range of compensation. When making compensation decisions, Pinion takes into account a variety of factors including but not limited to experience, skills, certifications/licenses, and geographic location. The wide range for this role reasonably accounts for these factors. Specific compensation decisions are made based on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $53,000 to $85,000.
_ _Pinion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
_ _Attest services are provided by KCoe Isom, LLP, a licensed CPA firm.