Long Term Care Coordinator I
You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members as a clinical professional on our Medical Management/Health Services team. Centene is a diversified, national organization offering competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
- Complete assessments with members, caregivers, or providers to obtain information regarding client status, support system, and need for services for care plan development
- Monitor delivery of services and follow-up with members, caregivers, or provider s through in person visits and telephonic contact
- Authorize and coordinate referral for services
- Ensure provider services are delivered without gaps and identify functional deficiencies in plans of care
- Assist in coordinating the development of informal or voluntary services to integrate into the member care plan
- Collaborate with discharge planners, physicians, and other parties to ensure appropriate discharge plan, care plan, and coordination of acute care and long term care services
- Assist member with filing and resolving complaints and appeals
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or Registered Nurse License and 2+ years of care management experience, Licensed Practical Nurse and 4+ years of care management experience, or 6+ years of care management experience. Home health, discharge planning, or long term care experience preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid driver's license. LPN or RN preferred.
For Kansas plan only: Have at least a bachelor’s degree in social work, rehabilitation, nursing, psychology, special education, gerontology, or related health and human services area or be a Registered Nurse (RN). Full-time experience in the field may be substituted for the degree at a rate of 6 months of full-time experience for each missing semester of college. Experience with persons participating in HCBS waiver programs is preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid driver's license. LPN, LCSW or RN preferred.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.