Loss Control Specialist I
Multi-line field position with primary responsibilities of conducting physical Underwriting Loss Control Surveys and/or provide Large Account Policy Services for technically complex, large or high-profile accounts with coverage in all product lines. Services can include safety training (onsite & online seminar), onboarding of new accounts, claims analysis, and LC service/capabilities presentations. Be comfortable presenting to large accounts, agencies, and internal departments. All work completed is done per AmTrust North America corporate risk and loss control program(s) guidelines and procedures. This position reports to the Director of Loss Control, who reports to the Vice President of Loss Control. **
- This remote position manages the technical direction of loss control services provided by AmTrust Group for the area defined.
- Will work extensively on computer and must be able to work in a detailed server-based environment.
- Conduct loss control surveys at client locations to determine potential hazards and risk factors to be considered in underwriting/risk selection.
- Write technically detailed reports that provide a clear assessment of risk and clearly articulate recommendations. Supply analysis and risk solutions for insured risks.
- Build and support productive relationships with underwriting, and service teams assigned to support the business, with the broker/agent community, with Claims, with other Risk Control staff, and with clients.
- Conduct research for underwriters or clients on class of business, operations, unique or unidentified exposures, or any other technical subject needing similar analysis for region(s) or product lines assigned.
- Analyze loss trends, recognize opportunities to supply risk control products and/or services which can help reduce losses. Explain how their recommendations or products can help minimize losses.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory environment and emerging safety issues. Can explain to customers how the issues affect them and what they can do. Identify where customer is falling short and use that as an example of why they need to follow the recommendation.
- Maintain prompt, relevant communications with HO Loss Control.
- Familiar with the risk control service tools available to clients, capable of helping client navigate through the risk control website. Recommend products and services that match their needs appropriately.
- Continually assesses workload considering business priorities; directs own efforts accordingly.
- Understands when it is proper to bring in the service or technical ability of others.
- Be comfortable presenting to large accounts, agencies, and internal departments.
- Efficient at setting client appointments.
- Makes complex technical information and recommendations understandable and clear to audiences with varied levels of technical knowledge.
- Influences others to act on recommendations, obtains consistent buy-in and listens effectively.
- Clearly expresses ideas, recommendations, and technical reports in writing.
- Demonstrates the ability to use behavioral interviewing techniques (open ended conversational discussion)
- Builds credibility with internal and external customers.
- Keeps Outlook calendar and productivity logs up to date.
- Must have 3 years’ experience supplying loss control and risk management to all major P&C lines.
- Have 1+ years’ experience handling/coordinating complex risks.
- Possesses a strong understanding of both Property & Casualty lines of coverage.
- Advanced Loss Control Accreditations preferred but may be offset with work experience in Loss Control.
- College degree (4-year degree or higher) preferably in the Safety & Health field of studies; may be offset by work experience in Loss Control.
- Must have credentials acceptable to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to supply Loss Prevention Services as a qualified service provider.
- Must be able to work remotely, and at times travel extensively.
- Ability to analyze loss information to identify root causes and develop loss sensitive recommendations.
- Provide input to underwriting to help leverage marketing opportunities (primarily related to prospective policyholders).
- Able to works autonomously with little direct supervision; continually assesses workload considering business priorities; directs own efforts accordingly.
- Understands self-limitations and knows when it is proper to escalate an issue to management, or to collaborate with others on technical questions/issues.
The salary range for this role is $60k - $75k. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in our Maiden Lane, NYC office. Base pay offered may vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics. This range may be modified in the future. **
What We Offer**
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.