Corporate Sr Accountant - Payroll/ERP Integrations
Avetta’s SaaS platform connects the world’s leading organizations with qualified suppliers, contractors, and vendors. We bring unmatched visibility to companies through cloud-based technology and human insights. As a result, we foster sustainable growth for businesses and their supply chains. Our SaaS subscription software is used by 85k+ active customers in over 100 countries.
If within commutable distance to one of our offices, this role would require a hybrid work schedule (minimum 3 days in office, 2 days working from home). Preferred candidates will reside within commutable distance to our Lehi, UT office. Remote work will be considered for those outside of commutable range to one of our offices.
Avetta is looking for a dynamic individual to work on our accounting team. The Corporate Sr Accountant is responsible for providing accurate and timely general accounting across a range of disciplines to all sections of the business. The Corporate Sr Accountant must ensure that all requests for assistance are handled promptly and professionally with the highest level of customer service to both internal and external customers. This position will have high visibility within the organization and the opportunity to be involved in diverse projects that are high impact to the organization. Come and grow with an incredible accounting team!
- Primary accountant for APAC region of the company.
- Prepare and review weekly/monthly payroll files for Australian and New Zealand entities.
- Reviewing of vendor details/coding/terms/approvals/payments of vendor invoices in an automated A/P environment.
- Communicating timely and effectively with department managers and heads to resolve questions and concerns regarding approval process, vendor payments, and employee reimbursements.
- Develop deep understanding of departments and related expense accounts for GL coding proficiency.
- Maintains general ledger accounts for APAC region subsidiaries by recording account activity and certain reconciliations.
- Prepares monthly entries for prepaids, fixed asset transactions, accruals, and transfer pricing allocations, as assigned.
- Post monthly adjusting journal entries including intercompany elimination and FX transactions.
- Identifies ways to improve processes and/or better utilize technology and present information/recommendations to leadership.
- Perform analytical review of department expenses including trend and budget versus actual analyses and provide variance explanations.
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and yearly closing activities.
- Develop special reports and ad-hoc analyses.
- Recommend and implement process improvements through high level analysis and collaboration.
- Assist with ERP integrations.
- Prepare work paper support containing account analysis, financial statement support information including footnote information.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 5+ years of current accounting experience. Public accounting experience preferred.
- experience with systems and ERP integrations required.
- Technically competent with various software programs such as Excel, NetSuite.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Proven ability to successfully work in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Trustworthiness and high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrates a high-level of integrity.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- High attention to detail and organization.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- High aptitude and ability to learn systems required for role.