Do you want to join one of the world’s fastest growing sports technology companies?
Genius Sports is at the epicenter of the global network connecting sports, brands and fans through official live data. Our mission is simple. We champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties.
We’re looking for enthusiastic and ambitious people to join our talented team.
If you see yourself becoming part of a global family building the future of sports entertainment together, then come and grow with us.
We put trust in our people to deliver the difference for our clients around the world. It’s why many of the world’s largest leagues & federations such as the NFL, English Premier League, FIBA and NCAA choose to work with Genius Sports.
We are looking for a technical project manager who is hungry to continuously learn and takes ownership of project delivery, the management of stakeholders and team resources. We believe that a good technical PM demonstrates adaptability and can learn new skills effortlessly if they are motivated by what they do, is extremely organized and an effective communicator.
You will pursue a detailed understanding of how the business works and focus on how to enable teams to deliver the business vision. You will report to the Project & Program Director, but also work very closely with our Chief Technology Officer, Chief Product Officer, and delivery teams to ensure high class execution and performance.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be both a self-starter, and a collaborator. You will be a strong communicator, both written and verbal, and be able to deliver key messages succinctly and effectively.
You will also interface well and have credibility with senior leaders, holding people to account and delivering high class outputs.
- You will manage technical projects and programs through their full lifecycle from inception to final delivery, working as a key link between operations, product teams, key stakeholders, and the technology engineering teams, in aligning and tracking priorities, identifying issues, managing delivery streams, testing & delivery plans and release management
- A key part of your role will be to clearly define and manage project requirements in collaboration with relevant teams to ensure the proposed solution is aligned with the business objectives, including but not limited to design specifications, user stories management, cross stream visibility and dependencies
- Identify and manage project dependencies at a cross-functional level
- Actively challenge and refine scope and prioritization based on experience and domain knowledge; additionally seeks peers reviews to validate estimates & delivery approach
- Your clear communication skills and project approach will ensure that you understand the strategic vision and contribute to achieving the project objectives, as well as being able to communicate these to team members and stakeholders
- Coordinating requirements gathering and acceptance, establish timelines and manage customer/stakeholder expectations
- Create clear and impactful reporting and project tracking using agreed tooling i.e. jira software, jira work management & confluence
- Flag any challenges/issues to projects and programs early and effectively manage the resolution and communication
- Facilitate all project meetings and project governance in accordance with our project life cycle and agreed cadence with sponsor and/or stakeholders
- Assist the PMO by being flexible to respond to changing business objectives
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve processes
- Be able to facilitate and input into project decisions and solutions and facilitate workshops/focus groups etc with key project stakeholders and senior team members
- Manage resource requirements and constraints within your projects/programes
- Implement project success measures and ensure these have regular health checks throughout delivery and post project closure to ensure project success/benefits realization
- You will be working with stakeholders from across the business divisions and as a highly collaborative agile organization, teamwork, visibility and adaptability should be at the heart of your approach
Required Skills and Responsibilities
- Previous project management experience, specifically on software projects
- Full understanding of technology/software development lifecycle
- Jira & Jira WM knowledge
- Ability to assist with production of business cases, manage budget, resource and capitalization tracking and work with the business and technology leadership to define, articulate and identify how to measure benefits
- Experience collaborating with 3rd party technology/software providers
- Experience with migration, tooling implementation or releases (both infrastructure and application)
- Experience with software projects, including full release management
- Ability to manage virtual teams and work across global time zones
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Able to assist in writing user journey stories/scenarios
- Project management qualification (AgilePM/SAFe/Prince 2) (desirable but not required as we follow no formal methodology as a business currently)
- Experience with IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, LEAN, AGILE)
- AWS fundamentals (AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner)
What’s in it for you?
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on the location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
The salary for this role is based on an annualized salary up to $120,000/year. There are a number of factors which affect what the specific pay offer would be for this role, including location, seniority, and relevant educational and working experience. This role will also be eligible to take part in Genius Sports Group's benefits plan.
How we work
We have adapted a forward-thinking ‘Ways of Working’ framework, which sets out (amongst other things) the opportunities for Geniuses to work flexibly, remotely and on working holidays. It affects different teams and locations differently, so please ask for further information on how it would work with this role.
Our employees are empowered to stretch the boundaries of what’s achievable, always reaching further and pushing the edges to see what gives. We collaborate, we innovate, and we celebrate. We will continue to grow as an organization and continue to invest in our highly talented and diverse team of Geniuses.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, different abilities or disability, gender reassignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other applicable status). Please let us know when you apply if you need any assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability.