Online shopping has changed. Today’s eCommerce runs on selling products, not brands. SamCart is the only eCommerce software platform built for creators, by creators, who want to build a profitable digital business and experience personal freedom and growth.
Online shopping has changed. Today’s eCommerce runs on selling products, not brands.
SamCart is the only eCommerce software platform built for creators, by creators, who want to build a profitable digital business and experience personal freedom and growth.
About SamCart Engineering
At SamCart, we are not coders – we are craftsmen. We are professionals who take pride in, and hold ourselves accountable for, the applications that we build. We practice discipline in our approach, demanding of ourselves highly performant, thoroughly tested, and exquisitely designed code. We value honest communication, close collaboration, and lifelong continuous learning. We are deeply empathetic to the impact our software has on the lives of our customers; and we readily accept that great responsibility with humility, determination, and skill.
The Innovation Team at SamCart is focused on helping make entrepreneurship easy. We’ve launched two products. First is CreatorU, an e-learning platform which coaches creators along their journey. Second is Typeset, an AI-powered design and content creation platform.
SamCart is looking for an innovative, dedicated, and experienced Software Engineer to join our growing Typeset Engineering team in the UK. In this role, you will design, implement, test, and release new features. Using modern tools and methodologies, you will leverage deep technical knowledge to ensure simplicity, changeability, and longevity in our codebases.
- An owner in the development and health of Typeset.
- Develop, test, and deploy features across the application stack.
- Follow best practices like test-driven development, refactoring, and simple design.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and stakeholders to ensure features achieve business goals and meet usability and experience standards.
- Pair effectively with other engineers to deliver high-quality code.
- Author technical documentation for workflows and processes.
- Expertise in modern software development with React and Node.js. Experience with TypeScript and Next.js would be a plus.
- Expert ability to structure and work with complex CSS highly desirable.
- Experience at an early stage startup or other high paced environment is preferred.
- Experience developing and deploying software in a containerized environment.
- At least 1-3 years of professional experience building software applications leveraging web application frameworks.
This is what you’ll love about SamCart
Our co-founders always say “Their success is our success” and we believe that about our people too! We want everyone to love their job at least 80% of the time and when you are successful, the whole team is successful.
- Each team has one offsite Hub Week per quarter to collaborate with team members (and others!) and plan for the upcoming quarter.
- Diversity adds value to everything we do - We hire from and for a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We have unlimited PTO (unlimited paid holidays) with an encouraged 14-day minimum to empower our team members to maintain a healthy balance in their day-to-day lives.
- Career growth and development are essential here at SamCart and we want all team members to build sustainable, future-proof and adaptable careers.
Our Core Values
Be Transparent - We communicate openly, thrive on feedback, and check our egos at the door.
Be Human - We operate with compassion and always assume positive intent.
Be an Owner - We are all owners of the business. We take pride in our work and know that the success of our customers and the business contributes to our individual success.
Be Creative and Commit - We collaborate, create resourceful solutions, and work as a team to get it done.
Be You - We are stronger together because of the unique qualities we each bring to the team. We believe in balance, making time for fun, and enjoying the work we do!
Want to learn more about what SamCart Culture looks like? Check out our Culture Page here: Culture @ SamCart