Who we are
At Fortis Games we aspire to make great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and how we operate and treat each other. Through our game communities, we will create powerful connections and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity and belonging where together our diverse skills, experiences and backgrounds impact the games we make.
We are an early but mighty organization with a leadership team of game industry veterans. There are many opportunities for you to have a big impact on the products we'll be making as well as the overall direction of the company. If you're passionate about tackling difficult problems with direct and thoughtful communication and team first mentality, we may be the right place for you.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced UX Designer to join our game development team building a PC/Mobile cross-platform product. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in user experience design and a passion for creating engaging and intuitive game experiences.
What you'll achieve
- Collaborate with game designers, engineers, and artists to deliver intuitive and engaging user flows and interaction models for complex and novel systems
- Gather, synthesize, and prioritize product requirements from various stakeholders (including game designers, developers, and players)
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups to visualize and test game user flows and interactions
- Conduct user research and usability testing to gather feedback, validate designs, and rapidly iterate
- Contribute to the development and upkeep of our design systems to ensure a consistent look and feel across our products
- Engage in the wider Fortis UX community to share learnings, pursue innovations, and explore such topics as best practices that could be shared across projects
What you'll need to be successful
- Have a solid track record designing web and mobile applications, preferably within the gaming, digital entertainment or software development industry
- Regularly take a first principles approach to designs and have strong rationale for proposed solutions
- Have knowledge of free to play, games as a service, and player motivations and use this knowledge to effectively to prioritize goals in UX design with a deep understanding of the technology, technical constraints, and terminology
- Have awareness of current trends in social media, pop culture, entertainment and streaming
- Have a natural curiosity and eagerness to learn - we believe this is essential to our ability to stay ahead of the market and value this over years of experience
Why join us
There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We strongly believe we are changing how games studios operate and at the core of what we do is making great games that create a connected community
- We're not just about making Games Where You Belong. We're also about building communities where our people belong. That's why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, embraces inclusivity, and fosters growth.
- Build and grow with a seasoned team of accomplished talent who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of gaming
Fortis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.