Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
This particular internship opportunity will be contributing to the vital efforts of our software engineering team. Curious about the day in the life of an intern?
- Interns at Coalition will be able to work remotely thus giving you the flexibility of working in an environment of your choice
- Did I mention that our internships are paid and full-time?
- You will be paired with your very own mentor that will be your source of guidance and direction during your internship
- Duration: 10-14 weeks (ideally)
- An intern project will be decided between you and your mentor
- The ability to meet senior technical and business leaders across the company
- At the end of your internship, you will have the ability to showcase your completed project and reflect on your time at Coalition
- You will gain some exceptional experience in a fast-paced, fun and inclusive environment
- PLUS...there could be potential for post-internship career opportunities
We believe in saying “yes” when it comes to venturing into the ever-changing world of tech. Your fellow teammates are right there with you. All of our individual successes contribute to the larger success of the company. One for all and all for one!
It’s that time. Let’s take a closer look at the role responsibilities and qualifications.
- Design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems
- Find and build unique solutions to implement projects from the idea phase to production
- Test and iterate code before and after production release
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software
Skills and Qualifications
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or related field
- You are entering your 4th year at university
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures, problem solving, databases
- Comfortable in one or more programming languages like Go, Python
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses
For CA residents, please view important privacy information here. For EU residents, you can view GDPR information here. For any questions regarding CCPA or GDPR, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.