Field Human Resources Manager- New York/New Jersey
Summary of Job Description:
The Regional HR Manager position is responsible for serving as a strategic HR partner to Operations leadership (VPO/RDO/ACO/MUM) in assigned region(s), developing and coaching Operations management, partnering in People Planning, developing and executing staffing plans, and providing training courses to leadership and associates as required. This position also facilitates resolution of associate relations issues. This position is typically responsible for 80 – 120 stores. **
You’ll get a chance to:**
- Partner with Operations leadership (primarily VPOs, RDOs, ACOs, and MUMs) in assigned region(s) in the facilitation of People Planning involving the development and coaching of Operations management
- Evaluate internal candidates for vacant/new positions and identifies high potential associates
- Participate in panel interviews to build alignment.
- Conduct field visits and interviews to identify opportunities for improved retention.
- Coach Operations leadership on associate relations to achieve problem resolution without litigation
- Conduct timely and thorough investigations involving associate complaints and disputes and prepares documentation of issues.
- Resolve simple issues but involves Field HR Directors in achieving resolution of complex associate relations issues or refers issues to the Office of Dispute Resolution in the Support Center.
- Assist Operations leadership in development and execution of Regional Strategic Plan to ensure both an internal and external pipeline of candidates.
- Forecast staffing needs to fill vacant Operations management positions on a timely basis to support company growth
- Participate in Open House events, and career fairs, supported by Recruiters at the Support Center.
- Advise Operations leadership on conducting effective associate performance evaluations and on assisting associates with career and personal development.
- Follow up with new hires thru Keep In Touch Program to promote an understanding of Panda’s Mission, Vision, Values, and Culture.
- Follow up with new hires to ensure adequate and appropriate training opportunities and encourage their participation.
- Assist/coordinate with the Decentralized Learning Manager, who provides a variety of local training and development sessions for Operations management to enhance their capabilities, including 7 Habits, Sexual Harassment, Interviewing Skills, Conducting Effective Performance Reviews, Creating Individual Development Plans, etc.
How we reward you:
- Hybrid Work schedule
- 401K with company match
- Yearly bonus opportunity*
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance *
- On-site fitness center, biometric screen, and flu shot clinic
- Discounts at Panda restaurants, theme parks, and gym memberships
- Paid time off starting at 15 days with 7 federal holidays*
- Continuous education assistance and scholarships*
- Income protection including Disability, Life and AD&D insurance*
- Bereavement leave*
- Benefits available for eligible permanent full time associates
Your background and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; business and/or HR majors preferred.
- Minimum seven years of HR experience, with a minimum of five years HR Generalist experience in associate relations, training and development, recruiting, and people management or equivalent Operations management experience, preferably in a retail/hospitality operations environment.
- Successful completion of initial and periodically required trainings.
- Obtaining a valid Food Handler's Card within 30 days of employment is a requirement of this position.
Panda Strong since 1983
Founded in Glendale, California, we are now the largest family-owned American Chinese Restaurant concept in America. With close to 2,000 locations globally, we continue our mission of delivering exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives. Whether it’s impacting our team or the communities we work in, we’re proud to be an organization that embraces family values. **
You’re wanted here**
We value diversity in all forms and know the strength it brings. Workplace equality allows for creative ideas to blossom, diverse points of view to be heard, and improves overall happiness. We like the sound of that.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age and any other basis protected by the laws which apply where we operate. Panda provides accommodations for disabilities and religious observance purposes as required by law. **
Pay Range** M2: $102,000 - $143,500 / Annual
- Within the range, individual pay is determined using various factors, including work location and experience.