Technology Service Desk Analyst
Job Title: Technology Service Desk Analyst
Job Type: Contract; Full-Time
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (Hybrid)
About the Company:
Our client is a Crown corporation dedicated to helping and equipping Canadian companies with trade knowledge, financial solutions, equity, insurance, connections and to grow their business with confidence in global markets.
A Technology Service Desk Analyst service provider who believes customer satisfaction is a priority and would like to develop your career in IT. The service provider will be supporting a small but highly talented group of individuals that keep the company on the leading edge of technology and state of the art applications. Provide support in our regional and international offices. Adds, moves, and makes changes to support end user equipments including telephony equipment. Provides problem resolution on software and hardware including audio visual, video conferencing and mobile services. Works with other IT teams to resolve technology issues and escalates as appropriate.
- Answering Service Desk Calls/Emails and provide follow up to reported issues.
- Daily usage of Service Desk Tool following best practices e.g., resolution steps, recommendations to users.
- Providing technical support for our Microsoft Office, CRM, ERP and telephone systems.
- Performing daily checklist to ensure that all systems are operational.
- Support the roll out of new and existing applications.
- Running reports to analyze common end user problems.
- Involvement in various projects for the Infrastructure and End User Service Teams.
- Provide educational and support information for our systems through various mediums.
- Build relationships with customers both in person and over the phone.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting for all types of technical inquiries, service requests, and issues involving computers, O365, network, smartphones/tablets, AV systems, enterprise applications/systems.
- Contribute to team innovation through ideas for process improvement and efficiency.
- Develop, implement, and/or participate in the preparation knowledge base articles and/or documentation for Service Desk use; make recommendations for improvements.
- Document all problems and solutions in the Service Desk Tracking System
- Be available to work rotating schedules which include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Specific Project Requirements
- Provide Service Desk technical support to users either via phone, email, portal or desk side as required (Once the client goes back up to 50% capacity in the head office (Ottawa), this role will be 50/50 remote and onsite, with the breakdown of 2 weeks onsite/2 weeks remote.)
Top Skills Required:
- 5+ year work experience in a Service Desk or Help Desk environment.
- Bilingual – French & English
Proven technical administration experience in:
- Windows 10 and MAC OS
- Office 2010/2016 and O365
- Active Directory (ActiveRoles Server)
- Exchange and SharePoint
- Microsoft Teams, WebEx
- Mobile OS - Apple IOS and Android
- ServiceNow, Cherwell, Service Manager, Remedy
- ITIL V3/V4 Certificate
Other Skills Required:
- 2+ years post-secondary program including completion of computer technical courses.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building
- Create and maintain Knowledge Base articles for end-users and Technical team.
- Ability to clearly communicate over email and phone.
- Ensure timely resolution or escalation of incidents, and prompt communications of progress to end-users.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Related technical experience in an office environment or remotely
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- A college diploma or university degree in the field of computer science is an asset