Workday HCM Senior Principal Consultant (Higher Education)
The Workday HCM Senior Principal Consultant will “bridge the gap” between the business and technical teams by solving complex Workday intersystem problems. They will guide clients through the transformation, implementation, and operation phases of a Workday implementation.
Be a Workday HCM Higher Education expert with deep knowledge of both higher education and at least 2 areas within the Workday product.
Leverage your industry expertise to recommend the best solution based on the client’s requirements, culture, decision making process, budget, and timeframe; with the flexibility to adapt the scope as additional needs are identified.
Guide the customer through facilitated design sessions and configuration decisions based on best practices and an understanding of the customer’s unique business requirements at all stages of the project.
Participate in and lead internal Higher Education focused initiatives which align to company and practice goals and help drive innovation within the Higher Education space.
Drives and makes decisions regarding tactical direction of project workstreams.
Identifies dependencies and supports interplay between different workstreams within a project.
Leads, mentors, and oversees the work of other consultants within their projects.
Perform multiple tasks under limited direction, while regularly keeping the client, your project team and your Engagement Manager abreast of changes or progress related to the project.
Engage all product area leads from internal and customer teams for end-to-end solutioning
Willingness to take a leadership position on a project, or as a Collaborative or Workday product Partner Lead and/or DA Reviewer.
Skills and Requirements:
4+ years of Workday functional implementation experience, required
3+ Higher Education HCM software implementations for R1/R2 universities OR 2-5 years of previous work experience at a university or college in an administrative support function
Ability to speak knowledgeably to core functions of a university or college including but not limited to faculty affairs, student employment, and academic organizational structure
Experience gathering business requirements, designing and prototyping, testing and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines.
Willingness to explore and learn new and cross-product functionality as needed based on the university or college’s unique requirements
Passion for exceptional customer service and internal collaboration.
Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively manage customer expectations.
Why Choose Collaborative?
- Unlimited paid time off, including volunteer hours, balance days, flexible work schedules, and options to work remotely or out of one of 5 office locations to cultivate personal and professional balance
- Competitive benefits including 401(k) matching program, Medical, Dental, Life, and Vison insurance, and perk benefits such as commuter plans and pet insurance
- Inclusive benefits that support mental health, gender affirmation journeys, caregiving and all paths to parenthood including Carrot Fertility, excellent paid parental leave programs for maternity, paternity, adoption, and surrogacy
- Established Employee Resources Groups (ERG’s) that provide a safe space for employees to build relationships, connect, and develop initiatives to enhance diversity and inclusion
- Open, transparent lines of communication with leadership through Town Halls, internal newsletters, and monthly small group conversations with a member of the executive team
- Committed to giving back to improve our communities and environmental impact
- Opportunities for learning and development through established corporate programs, on and off-site trainings, and on-demand online learning courses
- A people development focused environment where you have autonomy to drive your career path
Collaborative’s Travel Approach
- Throughout the pandemic, Collaborative continued to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction in the ecosystem as we worked with our clients to successfully deliver projects remotely
- Because the future is still unknown, some clients will continue to be deployed remotely, while others may desire more face-to face-contact
- We will monitor and adapt as needed, but we do not anticipate travel of more than 25%
- As Balance is a core value at Collaborative, we strive to ensure that Collabies find the right balance in their personal and professional lives, and that includes travel
Who you are:
- You have a Growth Mindset: A belief that abilities can be developed along with a desire to be curious, learn & grow
- You take Initiative: Solve problems by thinking & taking action on solutions rather than waiting for direction
- You take Accountability: Follow through on commitments, take ownership & ensure timeliness
- You Give Back: Leverage your knowledge & expertise to make improvements around you
- You are Resilient: Work through challenges with optimism, agility & adaptability
- You demonstrate Awareness: An ability to understand how your attitudes & actions impact others and adapt your approach accordingl