Transition Coordination Supervisor
Flexible working hoursFlexible working days
Contract: Full time
Experience:Mid-level (2-5 years)
LOCATION: Remote – must live in North Carolina or within 40 miles of the North Carolina border, preferably within Vaya’s 31 county catchment area
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB:
The Transition Coordinator Supervisor provides supervision to Transition Coordinators (TCs) who provide proactive intervention and clinical coordination of services to persons residing in institutionalized settings prior to their transition to home and community-based services as part of the Transitions to Community Living. These services prepare members/recipients for discharge and assist during adjustment period immediately following discharge from an institution.
This is a mobile position with work done in a variety of locations. The Transition Coordinator Supervisor will work with clients in the communities and supervises all transition activities performed by the TCs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure Transition Coordinators address the needs of the individuals who wish to move to a more inclusive setting and are provided with necessary services and supports.
- Support Transition Coordinators with meeting super measure goals by ensuring adherence requirements and In Reach, Transition, Diversion policy.
- Support the Transition Coordination Manager by ensuring TCs follow the program guidelines in conjunction with the Transition Coordination Manager and Transition & Housing leadership.
- Participation in meetings and may involve periodic of standing participation in team projects.
- Approve timecards and time off requests for coordinators, addresses performance issues through the disciplinary process, with the assistance of the Transition Coordination Manager and Human Resources and is responsible for documenting performance annually.
- Provide monthly supervision to assigned TCs to include review of all weekly, monthly, yearly benchmarks.
- Ensure TCs are meeting all monthly and yearly targets, adhere to documentation expectations according to policy, and adhere to the transition procedure for each member in transition planning.
- Provide coaching to TCs to improve performance and adherence to In Reach, Transition, Diversion Policy.
- Available for staffing and consultation to other TCs and will set up clinical staffing with TC LPs as needed.
- Provide TC Manager with updates about any concerns about job performance, potential for missing benchmarks, etc. and a plan to resolve these.
- Work closely with TCs, In Reach staff, care coordination, hospital liaisons and other Vaya departments necessary to create, implement and fulfill successful transition planning with individuals.
- Participate in education with individuals, families, providers, and stakeholders associated with Transition to Community Living.
- Communication regarding micro and macro level issues with NC Division of Mental Health/Substance Abuse/Developmental Disabilities may be involved.
Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITIES:
- Understanding of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (current version)
- Knowledge of the MH/SA/IDD service array provided through the network of Vaya providers.
- Knowledge in Vaya Medicaid B and C waivers and accreditation is essential.
- A high level of diplomacy and discretion is required to effectively negotiate and resolve issues with minimal assistance.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, highly effective communication ability, and the propensity to make prompt independent decisions based upon relevant facts.
- Problem solving, negotiation, arbitration and conflict resolution skills are essential to balance the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Highly skilled at shifting between macro and micro level planning, maintaining both the big picture and seeing that the details are covered.
- Detail oriented, able to organize multiple tasks and priorities, and to effectively manage projects.
- Ability to change the focus of his/her activities to meet changing priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and Vaya systems.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Master’s degree in a Human Services field with clinical licensure (LCSW, LCMHC, LPA, or LMFT) and three (3) years of experience providing care management, case management, or care coordination to the population being served.
OR a combination of education and experience as follows:
Bachelor's degree in a human services field and waiver from NCDHHS because of TCL experience prior to Tailored Plan Or licensure as a registered nurse (RN) with above years of experience.
Be a master’s-level fully Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), fully Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC), fully Licensed Psychological Associate (LPA), fully Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) or licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparation and analysis of documents; viewing a computer terminal; and extensive reading.
- Physical activity in this position includes crouching, reaching, walking, talking, hearing and repetitive motion of hands, wrists and fingers.
- Sedentary work with lifting requirements up to 10 pounds, sitting for extended periods of time.
- Mental concentration is required in all aspects of work.
This position is required to reside in North Carolina or within 40 miles of the North Carolina border.
SALARY: Depending on qualifications & experience of candidate. This position is exempt and is not eligible for overtime compensation.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until Filled
APPLY: Vaya Health accepts online applications in our Career Center, please visithttps://www.vayahealth.com/about/careers/.
Vaya Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Remote location allowed
Level of experience :Mid-level (2-5 years)
Check out the description to know which languages are mandatory.