Full Stack Engineer
Everyday Health Group (EHG) is a recognized leader in patient and provider education and services attracting an engaged audience of over 74 million health consumers and over 890,000 U.S. practicing physicians and clinicians. Our mission is to drive better clinical and health outcomes through decision-making informed by highly relevant information, data, and analytics. We empower healthcare providers, consumers and payers with trusted content and services delivered through Everyday Health Group’s world-class brands.
The OpportunityEveryday Health Consumer is looking for a detail-oriented Full Stack Engineer (EST work hours) to join our Core Services team. The Core Services team works closely with our Product and Development teams to lay down the infrastructure that supports the microservice ecosystem at Everyday Health. As a member of the team:
- Collaborate with team members in designing and building highly-scalable backend
- services and applications within AWS.
- Own responsibility for running applications using CI/CD practices such as automated builds, deployments, and tests.
- Setting up and reacting to production application monitoring.
- Active participation in team agile activities such as story grooming, planning work backlog, work estimation, sprint planning, retros, demos, etc.
- Work cooperatively with product management and design to create features that satisfy user needs with simplicity, consistency, and robustness.
- Eagerness to evolve and grow personal skillset by learning new software languages, tools, and applications.
- Minimum of 3 years of development/architecture experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of development experience with cloud computing (preferably AWS).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Serverless Architecture and/or Containers.
- Experience working with high-throughput, high-availability, and cloud-deployed distributed applications.
- Microservice design, implementation, and deployment experience.
- Production-level nodejs / typescript programming experience.
- Deep understanding of API standards (REST, GraphQL, OData).
- Proficient with relational database design, queries, and data analysis.
- Professional experience with client-side frameworks, preferably React (React, Redux, Angular, or similar modern JS frameworks accepted).
- Experience with git, continuous integration, and deployment tools.
- Development experience with data streams(A PLUS).
- Development experience with DynamoDB and Elasticsearch (A PLUS).
We created our values together to guide our collective purpose and pursuits. We are collaborators and problem solvers. We empower one another to make informed decisions and to be enabled towards action. We embrace success. We recognize that innovation can spark and be born from any of us no matter our individual role or background. We encourage open mindedness and sensitivity to each other and our environment. Our personal and professional passions get ignited, nurtured and supported. We value that doing is greater than talking as the most measurable means of impact. Our collective purpose to deliver enlightened audience experiences with trusted brands is what drives the success of our business and our professional satisfaction.
Life at Everyday Health
At Everyday Health Group, a division of Ziff Davis, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We believe in careers versus jobs and people versus employees. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
Everyday Health offers competitive salaries in addition to robust health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits, Flexible Spending accounts, 401(k) with company match, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pregnancy and Parental leave, Family Planning Support via Maven, Flexible Time Off, Volunteer Time Off, Fitness Reimbursement as well as employee-focused engagement and education programs, including Employee Resource Groups and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic, flexible work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then Everyday Health is the place for you. Everyday Health Group has employees located in 42 states as well as offices in NYC, Asheville, Boston, London, England and Mumbai, India. This is a remote or hybrid position which may be performed anywhere in the Eastern United States except within the City of New York.
Everyday Health Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees.