GL Accountant (Part or Fully Qualified)
VIPRE Security Group, a part of Ziff Davis (NASDAQ : ZD), is a global, highly rated, award-winning security, privacy and data protection company protecting millions of consumers and businesses supporting some of the largest brands. Backed by cutting-edge machine learning, one of the world’s largest threat intelligence clouds and real-time behavior monitoring, the VIPRE Security Group delivers unmatched protection against today’s most aggressive threats. The group operates under various brands, VIPRE™, STRONGVPN™, IPVANISH™, SafeSend™, Inspired eLearning™, Livedrive™ and SugarSync™. We currently have over 500 employees in office locations spanning 14 countries worldwide, including major cities throughout the US, with many members of our team working remotely.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees.
For more information about ZD, please visit www.ziffdavis.com
Fast-paced and dynamic, Ziff Davis operates from numerous international offices – including New York, LA, Ottawa, Dublin, and our emerging market in Tokyo – and supporting a plethora of time zones.
Employees are business partners, fostering an efficient and effective environment. The inviting and energetic environment creates a world where differing opinions matter and collaboration leads to success. From a small start-up in 1995 to an award-winning company recommended by Forbes, Ziff Davis has grown by establishing an amazing company culture – one that will continue to foster ingenuity and invention.
This is an exciting time to join Ziff Davis. We are looking for a Part or Fully Qualified GL Accountant to join our accounting team on a permanent contract, normally based in Dublin, working remotely at present.
This role will be mainly focused on the preparation of the monthly management accounts, which includes the reconciliation of balance sheet and sub-ledger accounts e.g. AP, AR , Fixed Assets and Cash Management and supporting the year-end audit to a very high standard. In addition to the month end it is expected that the successful candidate would take on various projects for process improvement and automation as part of their role. This role will expose the candidate to both US and local GAAP of various countries, depending of the entities assigned to the candidate. This position will require the candidate to work and communicate with colleagues in various other countries.
- Ensure proper & timely recording of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with GAAP policies, procedures and internal control standards
- Responsible for month end close of assigned subsidiaries of Ziff Davis to strict deadlines
- Responsible for revenue recognition including deferred revenue
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts in a timely manner and following up on any queries to ensure they are accounted for correctly.
- Prepare journal entries in multiple currencies.
- Prepare VAT reports for inclusion in the group VAT returns
- Support the project teams with the various tasks as required for process improvement and change.
- Work on cleaning, as required, sub-ledger entries and reconciliations of any legacy systems.
- Work closely with the GL Accountants on TSA activities (Transfer Service Agreements) as required.
- Provide accounting support for management in financial analysis, budgeting and other reporting.
Key Requirements and Experience:
- A part or fully qualified accountant with technical knowledge (US GAAP, IFRS & Local GAAP) and experience reporting under US GAAP would be advantageous, with +1-3 years’ experience.
- Interested in developing technical proficiency in accounting matters
- A team player and ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Experience of international accounting in a US multinational would be advantageous
- Good business acumen and an ability to work across boundaries and cultures.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal are essential for this position.
- Experience with Oracle Fusion or similar accounting system would be advantageous
- Experience in the preparation of year end statutory accounts
- Experience with international accounting
- Previous exposure to month-end closing
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines, within a fast moving environment
- Strong excel skills