Senior Backend / Fullstack Software Engineer - iContact
This position can be fully-remote, but with a preference to being local to the Raleigh, NC area, where most of the team is based.
What You Will Do:
- You will have significant influence over feature requirements and the opportunity to explore new technologies for new features.
- Write clean, maintainable code using engineering best practices (source control, continuous integration, peer reviews, unit testing, etc.).
- Build a fast, secure, and scalable SaaS application. Our large global customer base sends millions of messages daily and they expect high performance.
- Participate in feature design to provide elegant and powerful features which can be easily used by non-technical customers.
- Mentor and lead engineers on the team and in the rest of the organization.
- Collaborate with the Product and UX Design teams to design and implement product features following agile development methodologies.
Experience We Want To See:
- 7+ years experience in application development
- Experience successfully deploying SaaS products on a regular basis
- Experience building SaaS applications that look great and perform well across desktop browsers and mobile devices.
- Experience working with relational databases at scale.
- Experience with MySQL.
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting problems throughout the application, build environment, and runtime environment.
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment and communicating well with others.
Since 2003, small and medium sized businesses worldwide have achieved significant results by turning to iContact’s best-in-class email marketing solutions and knowledgeable team members. With scalable tools to serve the needs of high-volume senders, professional marketers, and even businesses new to email, iContact’s easy-to-use technology ensures that every customer has what they need to succeed.
Headquartered in North Carolina, iContact is an award-winning company in The Moz Group, a division of Ziff Davis, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZD), & a leading Internet information and services company consisting of a portfolio of brands across digital media and cloud services, including Campaigner, Kickbox, Moz and SMTP.com.