Application Lead Developer
As a key member of the application development team, this individual will be responsible for leading the technical development and support for internal web applications supporting our Rating business.
- Deliver business value through application development and enhancements.
- Guide the development team through the process of design, developing, and unit testing.
- Interface with database development team, infrastructure, web developers, and other teams as needed.
- Interface and communicate effectively with business partners.
- Evaluate, assess, plan, and guide technical direction and architecture decisions.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and responsibility with assignments. This includes gathering and understanding requirements, technical specifications, design, architecture, implementation, unit testing, builds/deployments, and code management.
- Collaborate with onsite and offsite team members effectively.
- Should independently drive and execute complex technical requirements.
- Be an enthusiastic mentor to development team.
- Be a self-starter that is also an excellent team player.
- 9+ years in Java J2EE building web applications.
- 5+ years of experience with related frameworks and technologies (Hibernate, Restful services Spring JDBC, MVC etc.)
- Significant knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL and SQL.
- Experience with Oracle Web logic, Tomcat to include installation, configuration, trouble-shooting.
- Experience with API management and Cloud-based platforms and services (AWS, Google).
- Working knowledge of Dev-Ops: Git, Jenkins, CI/CD pipelines, etc.
- Understanding of Test Driven Development practices as well as Automation and Unit Testing.
- Strong Analytical Skills.
- Experience Architecting and developing large scale Enterprise applications.
- Experienced in agile development methodology.
- Any experience in building applications for financial industry is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Candidates without Computer Science or Information Technology degree should have significant work experience.