Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Everyday Health Group (EHG) is a recognized leader in patient and provider education and services attracting an engaged audience of over 74 million health consumers and over 890,000 U.S. practicing physicians and clinicians. Our mission is to drive better clinical and health outcomes through decision-making informed by highly relevant information, data, and analytics. We empower healthcare providers, consumers and payers with trusted content and services delivered through Everyday Health Group’s world-class brands.
Lose It!, an Everyday Health Group property, is looking for a highly motivated Senior Backend Engineer to build new features, products and capabilities for our mobile apps and website. Our Backend engineers are a team of self-starters who aren’t afraid to tackle new challenges and are excited to learn in a fast-paced environment. Our product-first strategy has resulted in more than 50 million users that we’re able to help live healthier lives. This position requires the successful candidate to work Eastern Standard Time hours.
- Implement, design and ship new features for our backend services using Kotlin and Java
- Collaborate with other engineering, product and design teams to execute on all phases of the product development lifecycle
- Lead initiatives across the company, highly influential within the infrastructure team
- Solve problems, squash bugs, maintain code quality and adapt quickly to change
- Be an owner for our flagship product on a small but mighty team that supports millions of users
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Comfortable coding and debugging in most of our stack - Java/Kotlin (or similar language), SQL, Redis, Docker, web servers, message queues
- Experience with running workloads in a cloud provider - for instance Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc
- Ability to be in an on-call rotation for production systems and can resolve issues with support of teammates in a timely fashion
- Someone who is motivated, wants to teach and to learn, is responsive to feedback and can roll up their sleeves to get things done
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Consistently asks questions and shows ability to resolve problems effectively
- Previous experience working with consumer-facing apps is a plus
- Passion for health and wellness is a plus
About Lose It!
We have the energy of a start-up culture with the stability of a profitable business within a publicly traded company. It’s never been a more exciting time to work in tech - come share in our success. Lose It! offers incredible benefits, flexible hours, and a balanced approach to work and life.
Our Culture and Values
We created our values together to guide our collective purpose and pursuits. We are collaborators and problem solvers. We empower one another to make informed decisions and to be enabled towards action. We embrace success. We recognize that innovation can spark and be born from any of us no matter our individual role or background. We encourage open mindedness and sensitivity to each other and our environment. Our personal and professional passions get ignited, nurtured and supported. We value that doing is greater than talking as the most measurable means of impact. Our collective purpose to deliver enlightened audience experiences with trusted brands is what drives the success of our business and our professional satisfaction.
Life at Everyday Health
At Everyday Health Group, a division of Ziff Davis, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We believe in careers versus jobs and people versus employees. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
Everyday Health offers competitive salaries in addition to robust health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits, Flexible Spending accounts, 401(k) with company match, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pregnancy and Parental leave, Family Planning Support via Maven, Flexible Time Off, Volunteer Time Off, Fitness Reimbursement as well as employee-focused engagement and education programs, including Employee Resource Groups and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic, flexible work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then Everyday Health is the place for you. Everyday Health Group has employees located in 35 states as well as offices in NYC, San Francisco, Asheville, Fort Lauderdale and Denver. This position may be performed anywhere in the Eastern United States except within the City of New York.
Everyday Health Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees.
This full-time position is remote with a requirement to come into our Boston, MA office once a quarter.