Ziff Davis Shopping helps millions of shoppers discover and save, delivering exceptional consumer and merchant-advertiser experiences across a portfolio of leading mobile and ecommerce brands. Our domestic brands include RetailMeNot, Offers.com, Blackfriday.com, TechBargains and more. We also run the leading Cash Back, Reward and Coupon codes brands in France (Ma-Reduc and Poulpeo) and the UK (Voucher Codes).
We are currently looking for an Engineering Manager to add to our dynamic team.
About The Role:
As an Engineering Manager, you’re responsible for the proprietary ad management tool that powers running ads across Ziff Shopping brands. You will work with a team of developers to automate workflows, integrate systems and provide tools to facilitate order booking and management.
This is an internal-facing role where your customers are your coworkers, including media planners, campaign managers, salespeople, and executives. This role is a great fit if you have a passion for quality software design, enjoy coding, but also enjoy working with people and have an interest in management.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of 3-4 engineers.
- Work closely with a Product Manager and with internal stakeholders such as the media planning team, sales team, and ad operations team to determine their needs and translate them into clear requirements
- Help create and maintain coding best practices and design standards
- Effectively manage a product roadmap and prioritize needs based on value and impact
- Ask questions and become the internal subject matter expert of your products, how they are used, and how they connect within the system of internal tools
- Conduct code reviews
- Ensure internal media planning teams are receiving exceptional customer service and support
- 5+ years experience as a software developer. Ideally in Python.
- Strong knowledge of software development best practices and design standards. Passion for designing reliable, maintainable and extensible code
- Software management experience preferred but not required
- Familiarity with React, Kafka/Kinesis, AWS, and containerization (Docker & Kubernetes) a plus
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases required.
- Extremely detail-oriented and thorough in your work.
- Experience with online advertising a plus
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, in a STEM field, or equivalent self-study of computer science preferred
- You have keen instincts for analytical analysis, technical judgment, and risk assessment
- You have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and you are able to get along well with people in both a requirements gathering and customer service context.
- Experience working with integrations between systems, both internally and externally
- Proven ability to understand and improve complex systems, paring a solid grasp of strategic considerations with an eye for critical details
- Able to communicates clearly and maintain good relationships with others
We Offer Great Benefits:
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, and vision insurance (including domestic partner coverage) + pet insurance
- Flexible Vacation / Paid Time Off
- Charitable Giving Programs that include Paid Time off to volunteer and donation match
- Family Planning Programs like MAVEN Fertility Concierge
- Pregnancy and Paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- 401K savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Wellness Programs: Gym reimbursement, Lose It! and Calm subscriptions
- Hybrid, Remote and Flexible work arrangements
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can collaborate with teams across the company while making an impact in the areas that most excite you!
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at Ziff Davis are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Ziff Davis Shopping is a business unit of Ziff Davis, Inc.