Cyber Security Trainee Analyst
Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We're the world's largest independent renewable energy company. We're driven by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy
We know that achieving our ambitions would be impossible without our people. Because we're tackling some of the world's toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They're our most important asset so that's why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they're at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes a real impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell days, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make a difference somewhere else.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join us as a trainee Cyber Security Analyst. Whether some of the terminology and accountabilities for this role may or may not be familiar to you we have no expectations either way. Please read on down to our ‘Personal Specification’ to see if we might be right for you.
We are increasing our Cyber Security team to meet the needs of our expanding business and to underpin the performance and resilience of the services we provide to our clients.
Cyber security is critical to how RES operates and reliably RES delivers its core business services across all its regions.
Occasional travel to other RES sites, outside of primary works locations, will be required. This is typically done every one to two months to establish and maintain key stakeholders and customer relations.
You will be assisted by other members of the team to:
- Provide cyber incident response and resolution for systems and infrastructure to uphold agreed service levels
- Help manage the cyber security team’s operational queue of requests and incidents as well as queries into the team mailbox in line with agreed service levels
- Delivering cost effective and efficient system administration activities for cyber security systems covering their general maintenance, repair, back-up and upgrade
- Provide cyber security support for the development of the RES digital software products and
- Contribute to the development of cyber security policies and standards and support their practical application into technology design and deployments
- Providing input and support to a continuous programme of cyber security improvements affecting the company’s technical, procedural and policy-based security arrangements
- Contribute to the identification and introduction of innovative technologies to enhance cyber security levels and improve business resilience
- Gathering threat intelligence from identified external and internal sources and relate to vulnerabilities in systems and processes so to identify relevant countermeasures
- Undertake cyber security vulnerability assessments and remediation of systems and infrastructure ensuring effective patch management and ongoing cyber resilience
- Overseeing cyber security penetration testing of systems and infrastructure by external specialists to ensure the effective management and remediation of any resulting improvement actions
- Monitoring and assessing compliance with RES Cyber Security Framework and related global good practices and standards
As this is a trainee position the only stipulation we have is that you have some qualifications gained at GCSE, A level or have a degree and but want to develop and learn!
We want you to be passionate about technology and have a basic understanding of it (but not necessarily be experienced in it) with a keenness to understand more about how technology supports a business. In return, we will teach you all about Cyber Security and technology, you will learn from the best in a fantastic organisation at the forefront of what we do.
When making your application please include a cover letter telling us a bit about you and why you would be great for this role.
At RES we celebrate difference as we know it makes our company a great place to work. Encouraging applicants with different backgrounds, ideas and points of view, we create teams who work together to solve complex problems and design practical solutions for our clients. Our multiple perspectives come from many sources including the diverse ethnicity, culture, gender, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, marital status, parental status, education, social background and life experience of our people.