Technical Project Manager
Everyday Health Group (EHG) is a recognized leader in patient and provider education and services attracting an engaged audience of over 74 million health consumers and over 890,000 U.S. practicing physicians and clinicians. Our mission is to drive better clinical and health outcomes through decision-making informed by highly relevant information, data, and analytics. We empower healthcare providers, consumers and payers with trusted content and services delivered through Everyday Health Group’s world-class brands.
MedPage Today is hiring! We are looking for an Agile/Scrum focused Technical Project Manager who is passionate about process, and the teams which utilize it. This position is US remote, supporting a global team, with working hours primarily in the US Eastern time zone.
- Experience leading an Agile/Scrum team of multiple developers and QA engineers building web applications in any technology stack (3-5 years).
- Experience working with Atlassian JIRA (2-3 years) or equivalent workflow management suite, and tailoring those tools to suit a team’s needs.
- Metric-driven decision maker, strong analytical skills, expert with Google Sheets or Excel
- Ability to manage multiple product initiatives and push to get things done
- SAFe Agilist and Project Management Professional, or equivalent certifications desired
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Positive attitude, solution-oriented
- Finds joy in the analysis of and pragmatic approach to process and workflow improvement
- Ideally has experience with employee-facing web applications (internal tools) and apps designed for mobile and tablet devices
- Experience on projects involving A.I. systems as a core component is a plus
- Help Product Team to prioritize stories in backlog and coordinate for commitment in the next sprint.
- Analyze backlog to project delivery dates based on engineering team capacity, sprint schedule and dependencies on other work and teams.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering team leads to manage backlog and roadmap
- Identify external dependencies on work owned by other teams (data, reporting, marketing, editorial) and third-party systems
- Facilitate stand ups, sprint planning, retrospectives, and other Scrum ceremonies
- Mitigate risks to an active Sprint or feature-set by maintaining a reasonable scope and highlighting process bottlenecks that may arise
- Progress Tracking and Reporting
- Report on historical utilization of engineering team capacity in actionable ways that can optimize throughput
- Track progress on internal projects and initiatives
- Document processes and report on process improvements
- Generate regular status reports for leadership
- Team support
- Functionally lead the engineering team to deliver product and business initiatives. Communicate and coordinate their daily activities and provide feedback to team members.
- Foster communication between the product team and stakeholders, helping to manage expectations for all stakeholders
- Track and assist with the resolution of risks, issues and blockers that are impacting pending and in-progress work.
- Work with the Product team to ensure support tickets are prioritized and/or addressed in a timely manner.
- Assist the team with the analysis of production incidents.
- Help to identify opportunities to improve tools and operational processes
Our Culture and Values
We created our values together to guide our collective purpose and pursuits. We are collaborators and problem solvers. We empower one another to make informed decisions and to be enabled towards action. We embrace success. We recognize that innovation can spark and be born from any of us no matter our individual role or background. We encourage open mindedness and sensitivity to each other and our environment. Our personal and professional passions get ignited, nurtured and supported. We value that doing is greater than talking as the most measurable means of impact. Our collective purpose to deliver enlightened audience experiences with trusted brands is what drives the success of our business and our professional satisfaction.
Life at Everyday Health
At Everyday Health Group, a division of Ziff Davis, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We believe in careers versus jobs and people versus employees. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
Everyday Health offers competitive salaries in addition to robust health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits, Flexible Spending accounts, 401(k) with company match, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pregnancy and Parental leave, Family Planning Support via Maven, Flexible Time Off, Volunteer Time Off, Fitness Reimbursement as well as employee-focused engagement and education programs, including Employee Resource Groups and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic, flexible work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then Everyday Health is the place for you. Everyday Health Group has employees located in 40+ states as well as offices in NYC, Asheville, Boston, London, England and Mumbai, India.
Everyday Health Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees.
*Note: Disclosure as required by CO sb19-085 (8-5-20), NYCHRL, and CA SB-1162: and WA SB5761: the salary compensation for this role when being performed in CO, NYC, CA or WA is $85k to $115k. Compensation for this business unit specific role is based on a variety of factors including experience, scope of the role, capabilities to perform the role, as well as business & company performance.