Senior Software Developer (US Remote)
Swyfft Holdings, LLC, consists of Swyfft, LLC and Core Programs, LLC. Both are fast-growing, tech enabled MGA’s that are disrupting the traditional insurance industry by re-imagining how you price and bind home insurance and commercial package products. From lightning-fast quotes to hassle-free claims servicing, Swyfft Holdings, LLC leverages big data to provide the very best customer service experience in the industry. We're growing, we’re expanding and we're looking for experienced folks like you to join our team!
About the Role:
Do you stay up late at night hungry for your next complex coding challenge? We’re on the hunt for an experienced Senior Software Developer who thoroughly enjoys writing and reviewing code. Our ideal candidate isn’t necessarily from the insurance industry. We encourage (and look for) candidates with diverse industry backgrounds.
*This position is a 100% remote U.S. based opportunity. Some travel for team meetings and training may be required.
Key Responsibilities: (What you’ll be asked to do)
- Ability to write and review high-quality, well-architected code in our front end, back end and database technologies (C#, MSSQL, Typescript and React).
- Understand the software development lifecycle (SDLC) activities up to and including release planning, requirement gathering, design, configurations, sprint planning, creating and executing test cases and analyzing results.
- You understand how to take ownership of assigned features including shepherding through production release and working with QA and business stakeholders to ensure everything is correct.
- Communicate complex concepts and negotiate (nicely) with others to adopt and appreciate different points of view.
- Experience coaching, mentoring and developing fellow coders and less experienced team members.
Key Qualifications: (What we’re looking for)
- You have led various projects from start to finish and enjoy this aspect of the job.
- You come to us with in-depth, hands-on experience with key components of Swyfft's tech stack as mentioned above.
- You’re the epitome of a tried-and-true technologist. When you’re not coding, you’re researching the latest technologies and self-learning platforms, listening to pod casts, or building your own robot.
- You’re a do-er. In other words, you are hands on and know how to get stuff done!
- Both internal (your peers) and external clients commend your excellent communication skills and the timeliness of your follow-up skills.
- You can work independently or in a team orientated environment.
- You are no stranger to the world of remote work. In other words, you were doing this “remote work thing” before Covid.
Education & Experience:
- 7+ years of experience working as senior level developer.
- Experience working in 3 or more different environments where you made significant contributions to the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field is a must.
- Reliable high-speed internet connectivity required.
- Designated quiet work from home space.
We Have a Great Benefits Package!
- 20 days of PTO annually
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short- and Long-Term Disability (Company Paid)
- Life & AD&D (Company Paid)
- Healthcare, Dependent Care and Transit FSA
- 401K with a generous matching contribution and no vesting schedule
It is the policy of Swyfft to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. EOE/AA/M/D/V/F.
Please Note: Swyfft is not accepting 3rd party agency resumes for this position, please do not forward resumes to careers email address or Swyfft employees. Swyfft will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.