M365 Support Engineer
Our NielsenIQ Enterprise Platforms team ensures the strategy, design, delivery, deployment, maintenance and support of our corporate technologies is best-in-class. More than 30,000 global employees rely on our team to support the systems and tools integral to NielsenIQ’s success. We therefore partner closely with all areas of the business, including HRIS, Finance, eRecruitment, T&E, Procurement, and more.
We are a forward-thinking organization targeting current technology that enables our employees to be efficient using best practices.
The Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical support to users through the analysis and resolution of technical problems. In this role, you will support Microsoft 365 (M365) applications, including Exchange Online, OneDrive, Teams, Sharepoint, Yammer and the Power Platform.
- Provide Tier 2 support for the M365 platform via phone, email and ticketing system.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. Leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Perform administration tasks including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, systems configuration, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring.
- Interact with the help desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed.
- Perform daily system monitoring to ensure data security, availability and integrity of required resources, and proper recording of application logs and reviews.
- Collaborate with various managers and other IT personnel to improve existing processes, increase automation and meet application goals.
- Participate in required compliance activities as needed, including data log collection, statistical analysis and proper reporting standards.
- Administer on-call and after-hours technical support during monthly scheduled outages and unscheduled emergency situations.
- Escalate issues to appropriate teams within IT as needed.
- Manage incoming help tickets and assign appropriately.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- 3+ years of experience in Microsoft 365 support and problem solving is required
- Knowledge and experience troubleshooting one or more of the following specific platforms: Exchange Online, Teams, OneDrive, Sharepoint, Power Apps, Intune and Yammer.
- Experience supporting hybrid Exchange/O365 environments.
- Experience in maintaining and supporting on-prem Exchange servers.
- Expert skills in supporting mailflow, message trace, SMTP mail relays, connectors and mail routing rules.
- Expert skills in creating Powershell scripts for use with managing Exchange and O365 environments.
- Willingness to occasionally work scheduled night/weekend times, and to participate in off-hours on-call schedule
- Flexible working environment
- Health insurance
- Parental leave
- Life assurance
- Volunteer time off
NIQ is the world’s leading consumer intelligence company, delivering the most complete understanding of consumer buying behavior and revealing new pathways to growth. In 2023, NIQ combined with GfK, bringing together the two industry leaders with unparalleled global reach. With a holistic retail read and the most comprehensive consumer insights—delivered with advanced analytics through state-of-the-art platforms—NIQ delivers the Full View™.
NIQ, is an Advent International portfolio company with operations in 100+ markets, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit NIQ.com.
Want to keep up with our latest updates?
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/
NIQ or any of our subsidiaries will never ask you for money at any point of the recruitment or onboarding process.