Sales Development Representative
At Nearpod, we believe teaching is the most important job in the world. Every day, we reach students through our learning platforms on Nearpod.com and Flocabulary.com. We have diverse backgrounds, but a shared goal of putting teachers and students first in everything that we do. We have won numerous awards including EdTech Digest’s 2018 Company of the Year. Recently, we were acquired by Renaissance to support the shared mission of accelerating learning for all. We’re looking for people with a lot of hustle, a lot of empathy, and a desire to do something meaningful. We've adopted a remote-first culture, and our diverse team is based across the US.
Are you looking to connect with administrators and teachers to generate new business opportunities? The Sales Development Representative (SDR) follows proven processes to prospect into public K12 Schools and Districts.
The SDR will conduct high-level conversations and connect with faculty and administrators about their education and technology strategies and requirements. The successful candidate will be a strongly self-motivated and committed individual who is goal-oriented, logical and tenacious, and can optimally interact with a team. This position has advancement potential within the Sales organization!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Self-Motivated and driven to succeed in EdTech Sales
- Excited to implement innovative and target campaigns that get decision-makers excited to bring progressive technology to their classrooms
- Eager to collaborate both on their SDR team and the greater sales organization
- Actively learning about the K12 EdTech industry, including significant knowledge of what’s important to classroom teachers and school administrators
Crucial Functions & Responsibilities:
- Follow up with and qualify inbound leads in a timely manner
- Implement outbound campaigns regularly, from both our campaign calendar as well as campaigns developed on your own or in collaboration with your sales rep
- Meet weekly call requirements
- Achieve weekly Sales Qualified Lead goals by setting qualified meetings for the sales team with enough information from your qualification call to make the meeting a success
- Regularly participate in team meetings and professional development opportunities provided by Nearpod
- Meet weekly with your SDR Team, Sales Team, Manager, and sales counterpart to drive strong collaboration
- Occasionally travel to regional tradeshows as well as an annual sales training event
Ideal candidate will have:
- 1+ years of sales development/sales experience
- Excellent phone, written and verbal skills
- Well organized with efficient time management skills
- Standout colleague with a positive demeanor and dedication to exceeding sales objectives
Bonus if you have
- Lead Development or Sales Development experience preferred
- Experience in K12 Education or Edtech market preferred
- Experience in SaaS or B2B experience preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary Range: The base range for this position is $48,000 - $52,500 with a total target compensation (TTC) range of $73,000 - $77,500. This range is based on national market data and may vary by experience and location.
- World Class Health Benefits: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Telehealth
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with company match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave (20 total weeks with 14 weeks paid) & Milk Stork program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Well-being and Employee Assistance Programs
Frequently cited statistics show that some women, underrepresented individuals, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities may only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage all applications! Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need for the future!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with respect to any term, condition or privilege of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
For information about Renaissance, visit: https://www.renaissance.com/