Platform Engineer / DevOps Engineer, Platform & Reliability Team (Remote in Poland)
Welcome to the good side of tech 👋
You might have heard about us, but with a different name: Znanylekarz. It all started 10 years ago when we asked ourselves: is anyone in healthcare thinking about patients? We jumped in and we empowered patients by giving them access to leave and read reviews about their visit. We then provided doctors with the technology to manage bookings easily and save time, so they could devote themselves to what they always wanted: treating patients. And today is the day in which we ask you: wanna join us in the next step of making the healthcare experience more human?
Docplanner at scale
We are leaders in 13 countries so far, and more than 80 million patients trust us every month. 130,000 specialists believe in us and our product, and so do leading venture capital funds such as Point Nine Capital, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, and One Peak Partners. And yet, employing over 2.500 people all over the globe, we managed to keep the startup mindset we started with over 10 years ago.
How does Docplanner Tech fit here?
At Docplanner Tech we are a diverse group of over 350 people working in Engineering, Data, and Product teams. We are responsible for building the product for all locations. Many of us have been here for over 5 years, yet we still welcome each new person with great joy and excitement.
We could tell you about us, but we will let our reviews on Glassdoor speak for themselves. In case you’d like to see how it feels to be 100% yourself at work, here’s a video of us.
And why should you join us?
Because it feels good to tell your family and your friends how you made the world a little bit better. You go to bed knowing that what you do matters, and that your talents align with your beliefs.
We want to make the healthcare experience more human, and that starts with you being you. We believe that taking the diversity of human experience into account makes a better healthcare experience for all. We’re not just different: we embrace diversity. We will encourage you to come to work your whole self, and that includes not coming to the office at all if you prefer not to, as we're 100% remote-friendly.
The Platform team is responsible for developing and maintaining the infrastructure and systems that enable a company's products and services.
The goal of the Platform team is to provide software as the products, tools, services, and frameworks to enable Product teams to focus on customer needs instead of tooling. We work closely with the Product teams to increase their productivity and speed up software delivery.
Overall, a platform engineering team plays a critical role in ensuring a company's technology infrastructure is reliable and scalable.
The Platform team consists of 37 people including 6 Team Leaders and 4 Engineering Managers. The team is organized in a way to efficiently addresses Stakeholders needs.
What are the challenges in the team?
- The complexity of the Docplanner organization: Docplanner is a complex organization with multiple teams working on various products and services. One of the main challenges for the platform engineering team is to understand and integrate the diverse technology stacks used by different teams.
- Scalability and reliability of systems: As Docplanner grows and expands, the demand for the technology infrastructure also increases. The platform engineering team must ensure that the systems are designed to handle high traffic, are scalable, and secure
Who will you work closely with?
You will work closely with Product Teams to understand their technical requirements and provide them with the necessary tools, services, and infrastructure to support their development efforts. Your insights and expertise will contribute to enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of their workflows.
How would you be impacting our mission?
- Development, monitoring, and maintenance of Kubernetes clusters on several continents.
- CI / CD development and maintenance.
- Make sure that all of our services are written in a way that makes them highly available.
- Fixing urgent issues and optimizing performance.
- Support other team members in their daily work.
What will help you thrive?
- Vast experience with container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes (must-have).
- You know why and how to use Terraform and popular CI/CD tools.
- You know about building scalable and secure production HA environments using cloud providers like AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- You are not afraid of developing tools or scripts in Bash or GO to automate work.
- You can communicate in English (both spoken and written - min. B2 level).
- Growth mindset: nobody ticks all those boxes above, but willingness to learn is strongly valued here.
Let’s talk money
- A salary adequate to your experience and skills.The range is broad so that we can accommodate our roles for all levels of experience, but we will show you the career ladder to explain where we see your skills and impact within the company". Your salary will be, now and always, 100% transparent to you;
- For B2B contract: between 18,000 and 30,000 pln net monthly
or company cost equivalent on employment contract
- Share options plan after 6 months of working with us.
True flexibility and work-life balance
- Remote or hybrid work model with or hub in Warsaw;
- Flexible working hours (fully flexible, as in most cases you only have to be on a couple of meetings weekly);
- 21/26 days of paid time off (depending on your contract);
- Additional paid day off on your birthday or work anniversary (you choose what you want to celebrate).
Health comes first
- Private healthcare plan with Signal Iduna for you and subsidized for your family.
- Multisport card co-financing for you to have access to sports facilities across Poland.
- Access to iFeel, a technological platform for mental wellness offering online psychological support and counseling.
Keep growing with us
- 20% time rule: spend 20% of your working hours on your own growth;
- Free English classes.
Are you from abroad?
- Relocation support to Poland (we handle the bureaucracy, so you don’t have to).
We promote and embrace equal opportunities in our hiring process, and also every day at work. When you apply for our roles you receive equal treatment regardless of age, disabilities, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or parental status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other dimension of human difference. If you require additional support in your recruitment process, we kindly encourage you to let us know. Behind those words you’re reading, there’s a person (hi!) who already helped a candidate by adapting the interviews, and now we’re lucky to have this person with us. So, even if you’ve never asked for it before, may this serve as a sign that, now, you can do so. We can only truly be equal if we adapt to each other.
“We believe all humans, in all their beautiful diversity, should have equal rights, dignity and respect. Period.” Mariusz Gralewski, CEO