Senior Devops/ Data Engineer - FedRAMP (Must be a US Citizen)
To comply with U.S. federal government requirements, U.S. citizenship is required for this position
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
FLEXWORK is an employee-centric reimagining of how we work. We built FLEXWORK based on employee feedback – it is about flexibility, trust, and choice whenever possible. It’s been a journey of disruption that has yielded the best of our values. We offer as much flexibility as possible, and choices that enable you to be most productive, including benefits that meet your needs and learning opportunities that you feel passionate about.
Our Approach to Work
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
In this role you will assume the responsibility of maintaining the data lake for our Federal Customers and be responsible for constructing data ingestion pipelines and implementing ETL processes to cater to our business requirements. Additionally, you will play a vital role in contributing to the development operations (DevOps) process by establishing and maintaining the necessary cloud infrastructure to support our global operations.
Collaboration with the Analytics team will be a key aspect of this role, as you will be working together to support the generation of various analytics outputs. These outputs will enable the business to efficiently utilize the data through interactive and insightful dashboards. Overall, this position requires a candidate who possesses strong technical skills, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet our organization's data and analytics objectives.
- As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be an integral member of our Artificial Intelligence & Analytics team responsible for design and development of data pipeline
- You will also have opportunity to work closely with our data science team and work on various business critical predictive use-cases
- Build data profiling and ETL jobs using heterogeneous sources such Salesforce, SAP and others
- Diligently teaming with the infrastructure, network, database, application and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability
- Accountable for Big Data and batch/real time analytical solutions leveraging Cloud (GCP) technologies
- Be constantly challenged by tough data engineering and design tasks
- 5+ Data Engineering experience in multi cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure. etc..)
- Strong knowledge of Python, SQL and pyspark is must
- Experience in working with REST API services
- Strong experience on BigQuery, Dataflow, DataProc, Data Fusion - GCP related technology
- Experience in Linux/Unix and good understanding of Linux internals
- Knowledge of containers and orchestration ( Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple simultaneous priorities
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Monitoring tools - Splunk, Prometheus, Grafanna etc. is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent military experience required
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. You’ll join the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and enabling our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re connected by one mission but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team of people who feel excited by the prospect of a challenge and feel a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $112,200/yr to $181,500/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.