Data Center Technician
Data Center Technician/Engineer
Location – Oslo
Job Type- Full time-Permanent
The role reports to the Project Manager
Established in 2012, Rahi is a global IT solutions provider, systems integrator, and value-added reseller specialising in designing, integrating, and fulfilling Data Centre Infrastructure, Cloud Services, IT Infrastructure, Unified Communications, Managed Services and Global Services. Rahi provides full lifecycle technology solutions across various IT disciplines. With warehouses, offices, and integration centres in 40 countries, Rahi offers the advantage of IOR services, local currency billing, and RMA - helping businesses operate efficiently and successfully at any location. Rahi combines its global reach and in-depth analysis services to understand client’s business goals, IT requirements, and operations while placing them on the journey toward success.
Services (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Regular physical/visual inspection of IT Server/Network equipment
- Server/Network Hardware break-fix support - Installation of parts, laying of additional fiber and copper cabling, reseat module, SFP module replacement including HDD / Memory / Mainboard, etc.
- Server/Network Hardware break-fix support
- Laying of cabling for testing/troubleshooting of Fiber and Copper Cabling, Connect and disconnecting cable patches to equipment in DC
- Troubleshooting of issues for IT, OS, and network-related equipment
- Working with OEM vendors on Servers installed with Direct Chip Cold Plate Liquid Cooling (Training will be provided)
- Working with OEM vendors on Servers installed in Immersion Liquid Cooling tanks
- (Training be provided)
- Media management - HDD/SSD Destruction and Disposals
- Decommission of IT equipment (networks, servers, storage, backup devices)
- Inventory management - Management of Inventory records
- Perform regular cycle count for asset inventory for accuracy
- Provide onsite support during planned/unplanned power down / up events.
- This role is for a data center technician, mainly involved in the IT Operation of a data center. In the process, the candidate will be required to understand and apply vendor and change management processes to facilitate his role,
- Will be required to work with multiple remote teams to maintain servers and network equipment (diagnose/resolve/escalate issues) in a fast-paced dynamic environment. (Candidate will be guided by Data Center Operation Team, with suitable training provided along the way.)
- Good communication skills and a willingness to learn new server technologies are key requirements for this role. The candidate should also have working knowledge and experience in at least one of the following core areas: Networking, Scripting, and Hardware Repair. Having experience in direct-on-chip cooling and immersion cooling on IT racks is an advantage
Remote location allowed
Check out the description to know which languages are mandatory.