Director, Contracting & Network Development
You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.Position Purpose: Oversee activities of the provider contracting, network development and/or provider relations functions and aid in formulating and administering organizational policies and procedures.• Oversee provider contracting activities to ensure efficiency and maintain compliance with the business unit’s policies and standards, government laws and regulations
• Implement development activities for the recruitment and contracting of provider networks in new and prospective markets, and existing market expansions.
• Support new business launch in diverse markets while considering individual market circumstances, provider community, budgeting constraints and available resources
• Perform complex financial analyses to identify medical cost improvement opportunities, develop strategies to reach financial goals, and execute contracting strategies to meet goals and objectives
• Oversee contracting and network development staff and external consultants in the development of provider networks for new and expansion markets
• Monitor performance, develop, and implement business solutions to address process and quality gaps, and communicate network strategy and planning
• Ability to travel
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, related field or equivalent experience. 7+ years of combined contracting, network development or provider relations experience. Previous experience in Medicaid/Medicare contracting and negotiating hospital, large physician groups and ancillary service agreements. Previous management experience including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing the performance of staff. License/Certification: Valid driver's license.
This position is open to someone working remotely anywhere in the United States.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.