BD/Capture Manager - Health IT
Federal Civilian Capture Manager - (Health)
CORMAC seeks a highly motivated and experienced capture professional to lead our Federal Government ventures and business development initiatives. This position is directly responsible for meeting new business growth targets by focusing on new business captures in the Public Health Sector. Our ideal candidate is deeply familiar with the business development life cycle; from opportunity, shaping to capture and proposal. This role requires a strong leader who inspires, motivates, and proactively builds cross-functional pursuit teams.
The Federal Capture Manager will collaborate with CORMAC leadership and executive teams across all business lines to properly manage time-boxed capture efforts. Working side-by-side with Program Management, and Engineering team members, this position is focused on translating customer needs (current and anticipated) into complex technical and business solutions for CORMAC’s data management product lines.
This role is responsible for directing and managing responses to RFP opportunities, establishing effective response strategies, and driving growth for the company in coordination with the other key staff. The chosen candidate will lead and coordinate engagement efforts with the US Government client, identifying new opportunities and working with Client representatives to win task orders and new contracts. This position will have responsibility for account performance/risk assessment and will actively monitor the execution of won services contracts and help lead discussions to resolve any issues or concerns with the client.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and management of the capture plan and associated strategy into the proposal end-product and corporate offering.
- Drive opportunities from capture decision to contract award including strategic direction, intelligence, and positioning.
- Manage bid strategies and oversee the development of the technical, management, and cost strategies for the associated proposal volumes.
- Translate capture activities into proposal content to include development and articulation of the solutions required, proposed win strategies, and themes and discriminators.
- Clearly communicate proposal content and strategies to both corporate executives and the proposal team.
- Support proposal creation by developing content (e.g. management approach, executive summary, staffing plan, transition approach).
- Present CORMAC capabilities and other new business information in stakeholder presentations.
- Identify the need for or benefits of teaming partners; identifying teaming partners and negotiating teaming agreement terms.
- Provide detailed market intelligence and analysis of targeted federal healthcare departments and agencies.
- Lead business planning activities to include periodic pipeline reviews, bid development, opportunity gate reviews, and proposal reviews.
- Author and manage responses to government market research inquiries. (sources sought, RFIs)
- Attend industry events to network with others within the industry.
- Lead and participate in sales calls.
- Identify and qualify opportunities in the government healthcare space.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, (Medical or healthcare background such as a biology or public health minor is preferred).
- Experience with Health and Human Services agency Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- At least 6+ years of professional experience in a business development/capture role.
- At least 5+ years of experience with US federal government consulting organizations.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience interacting with government customers to increase percentage win on opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience and results in targeting select markets, identifying, qualifying and winning new business opportunities.
- At least 2+ years of federal government proposal writing experience.
- Experience with IT and the SDLC, i.e., application development, data analytics, operations, delivery, and maintenance.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and interpersonal skills needed to communicate effectively and persuasively with personnel at all levels.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Masters degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working remotely using collaboration tools such as, but not limited to: MS Teams, SharePoint, Slack, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of different data management solutions.
At CORMAC, we leverage the power of data management and analytics to enable our customers to achieve their strategic goals. With proven expertise in health information technology (HIT), human-centered design principles and Agile development methodologies, we deliver complex digital solutions to solve some of the most challenging problems facing public healthcare programs today.
Using data science and business intelligence tools, CORMAC’s data analytics solutions provide the power to turn raw data into insights and opportunities. We help our customers identify key business drivers, current trends, future activity, and optimal outcomes by applying descriptive, prescriptive, and predictive analytics.
As a US Federal Government contractor in the public healthcare sector, our work is impactful and cutting-edge in a supportive, collaborative, and welcoming environment. We offer flexible work schedules with remote, hybrid or fully in-person workplace options to empower our employees to decide the most suitable workplace. At CORMAC, we have a highly diverse workforce and believe that our work environment is a place where creativity, collaboration, enthusiasm, and innovation happen, regardless of location
US Citizenship Required /E-Verify Participation/EEO
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, CORMAC provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.