Customer Vice President, Convenience Stores
Since 1869 we've connected people through food they love. Our history was created by remarkable people, ideas, and innovations. It serves as inspiration and foundation for our future success. We’re proud to be stewards of amazing brands that people trust. We foster a culture of belonging where people come first, and diversity is embraced. And we live our values, always, while setting the highest standards for performance.
Here, you will make a difference every day. You will be part of a dynamic, collaborative, and competitive team. You will be supported to build a rewarding career with opportunities to grow, innovate and inspire. Make history with us.
What role will you play? How will you make history with Campbell’s? Apply today!
The Customer Vice President, Convenience is responsible for building the business and executing the strategy in the Convenience Store Channel. This role provides direction and aligns the team in meeting the objectives set by the over-arching strategic customer plan.
• Develop and/or oversee the implementation of strategic plans for the Convenience Store Channel.
• Ownership of the Operational and Strategic Integrated Growth Plan.
• Responsible for developing the Annual Operating Plan for the Convenience Store Channel and across top 10 customers (7-Eleven, Circle K, Casey’s, Shell, AMPM, GPM, ExxonMobil, Wawa, Quik Trip, RaceTrac and ensuring fiscal responsibility and managing the P&L.
• Develop strong working relationships with the most senior / top leaders across the channel and top customer in the Convenience Store Channel.
• Ensure that team members develop and execute strategic customer plans that will deliver the team's volume, profit and share growth goals for each category.
• Manage trade spend budget across the team.
• Maintain focus with regard to corporate strategies and financial responsibility.
• Ensure that controls are maintained to measure and monitor sales spending, sales expenses, and Office expenses, etc.
• Oversee the execution of brand strategies and category management initiatives.
• Implement and enforce Company policy; ensure customer compliance with defined contractual commitments.
• Provide open communication, market/customer expertise and direction to Senior Leadership and the cross functional teams at World Headquarters in Camden, New Jersey.
• Coordinate communication between the customer and Field Execution Team to improve retail execution
• Manage the Talent Management process with an emphasis on succession planning and development of future bench talent.
• Recruit, coach, train, mentor and develop team members to improve business performance.
• Leverage the Power of Campbell Snacks to Drive Incremental Growth in C-Store
Job Complexity / Scope:
• Able to assess any customer's competitive position, behaviors and strategies and understand how they align with company’s strategic goals to help determine a customer investment strategy (use of trade, customer marketing, and integrated marketing equities) that will best support a customer's revenue, profit and share growth
• Develops productive working relationships with senior levels within the customer's organizational structure and cross-functionally, at various levels within the organization
• Responsible for leading, coaching, and developing all members of the sales team
• Responsible for the growth and financial performance of all categories within the business portfolio
• Primary contact on all customer related issues and requires high level of interaction with sales leadership
• Requires expert understanding and experience with total P&L management
• Responsible for managing customers across regionally and geographically diverse markets
• A Bachelor's Degree required
• Minimum 10 years of CPG industry experience, including strong field customer/ account experience a must
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Problem solving skills combined with an ability to think strategically
• Experience working with cross-functional teams
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Focused on self-improvement- Continually seeks opportunities to improve self and others. Leads with trust, integrity and a commitment to hire, coach and develop partners to achieve their full potential.
• Exhibits a track record of results - understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Demonstrates knowledge of core products and process to get results.
• Anticipates obstacles and takes action to minimize impact
• Sense of confidence and humility. Has ability to gain the trust of others by being direct, proactive and collaborative.
• Strong Negotiation Skills
• Knowledge of both Category and Brand Management
• Business Planning and P&L Management
• This role is field based and will require 30-40% travel
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Compensation and Benefits:
The target base salary range for this full-time, salaried position is between$125,500-$209,300
Individual base pay depends on work location and additional factors such as experience, job-related skills, and relevant education or training. Total pay may include other forms of compensation. In addition, we offer competitive health, dental, 401k and wellness benefits beginning on the first day of employment. Please ask your Talent Acquisition Partner for more information about our total rewards package.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion, or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.