Financial Clearance Specialist - REMOTE
PeaceHealth is seeking a Financial Clearance Specialist - Financial Clearance for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $18.30 – $27.46. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
**Must live in Oregon, Washington, Texas or Alaska.**
This position will be performed fully remote. If telecommuting, PeaceHealth will provide the caregiver with necessary computer equipment. It is the responsibility of the caregiver to provide Internet access.
Coordinates components of financial clearance. Includes pre-registration, insurance verification, prior authorization/notification requirements, and patient financial information. Informs the patient/guarantor of all financial liabilities and documenting pertinent information into appropriate systems. Communicates with patients, insurance companies, department administrators, physicians, and other departmental staff to ensure the ideal patient experience. Implements the Corporate Financial Counseling policy to ensure fair, thorough, and consistent application of account resolution practices to promote corporate financial health.
- Verifies patient insurance benefits and checks for prior authorization and/or provide notification of admittance.
- Pre-registers patients for scheduled services.
- Manages daily assignments using standardized protocols and works queues to ensure timely completion of financial clearance in accordance with departmental processes and payer guidelines.
- Maintains daily account follow-up as targeted by management.
- Responds to customer inquiries in accordance with state and federal laws or applicable internal policies.
- May receive and post patient payments
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists with departmental coverage as needed.
- Ensures proper billing procedures and privacy guidelines are implemented and carried out.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- College coursework in accounting, business, medical terminology, communication and social work preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in patient registration, insurance eligibility verification, prior authorizations, collections, customer service, billing or related medical field.
- Familiarity with government, commercial and third-party billing preferred.
- Experience with Epic registration system preferred.
- Experience with Medicaid and Medicaid HMOs is preferred. Should have a working knowledge of CMS and other government programs. Demonstrates an understanding of managed care contracts and payer operations.
- Proficient use of computers including MS Office applications
- Proficiency with 10-key calculators
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work both independently and interdependently with staff and team members with limited supervision
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.