Senior Manager - Consulting Reward
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com
If you’re looking for the next step in your career, Mercer can offer many opportunities:
- A career where you deliver meaningful solutions for major organizations and improve the lives of their employees
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in professional services
- A professional grow path that teaches you new technical skills for a better understanding of business and the talent development and the Human Resources world
The position is in our Reward Practice that supports our clients in connecting their strategic business objectives and their implications for their Executive Compensation, Rewards and Incentive Systems
Get A Better Understanding of the Roles:
Reward consultants work with a wide range of clients to help them develop and implement reward programs for their employees, providing expert advice on pay philosophy, reward strategy, incentive design, market trends, regulations and best practices. Drawing on global research and rigorous analysis, compensation consultants equip our clients, part national and international listed and privately-owned companies environment, with guidance, knowledge, tools and support to ensure their reward programs reinforce their strategic objectives.
A Reward Manager makes an impact as a seasoned professional individual contributor, ready to manage projects, work independently, help teammates thrive and collaborate with stakeholders across the company
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage client projects: prepare presentation and templates using project management tools, estimates hours for the project team, and prepares timelines for project milestones. Serve as an independent project manager for complex projects or modules. Ensure client projects adhere to budget. Immediately address out-of-scope issues or budget overruns and manages the client’s expectations. Prioritize project activities to manage the workload and meet project deadlines. Delegate project tasks in line with individual capability, development needs and available analyst and associate resources. Lead both internal and client project status meetings.
- Write project proposals and answer to Requests for Proposals. Serve as a primary client contact and build relationships with clients.
- Conduct client interviews, facilitate focus groups, and deliver trainings.
- Write and reviews client PowerPoint presentations/reports including Excel exhibits and initial conclusions on the data drawn by Associates.
- Thought leadership: develop new tools and templates that can be leveraged in multiple markets such as new excel-based tools and templates for determining internal and external market competitiveness. Ensure intellectual capital generated within own projects is captured and available for others to draw on.
You are the ideal candidate if you have:
- University Master Degree in economics / organization/ management /engineering
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- 5/8+ years of experience in consulting or in HR functions of medium-large size companies with focus on Reward, Executive compensation and/or compensation
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office (Power point, Excel)
- Experience in Financial Services as well as proven experience in client facing roles with commercial responsibilities will be a plus
- Proficiency in Italian and English
The position in based in Milan with possibility of flexible smartworking for part of the time.
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex/gender, marital or parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.