Implementation Specialist (San Francisco or New York)
United States /
Professional Services – Professional Services /
Apply for this job
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
As Implementation Specialists, we are responsible for guiding and helping Plaid’s most strategic customers and partners integrate with Plaid products, our API and technology. We work closely with both Revenue and Partnerships Account Managers in addition to many other internal teams such as Sales, Product, and Support. In this role, you will be responsible for the implementation phase in the customer lifecycle and ensure net-new Plaid customers and partners are properly onboarded and our solution is implemented and launched. This stage is incredibly important in the success of our clients, as for many, their Plaid integration is the foundation of their application and / or platform. Behind each successful launch is an Implementation Specialist that provides superior technical guidance and support to make it all possible.
You will be a highly visible technical and product expert in Plaid’s offerings, learning and knowing how to work with and leverage the Plaid API. You’ll work with clients to answer their technical product or integration questions. When technical issues arise, you’ll leverage internal tools, teams, and resources to ensure customers meet their development / integration milestones. In collaboration with Account Managers, you will support clients as they test, pilot and ultimately launch their Plaid integrations. Members of the Implementation team are expected to manage many implementations / customers and partners simultaneously, and to stay up to date on Plaid’s technological improvements and new product offerings.
What Excites You
- Working with Plaid’s most strategic customers and partners from all over the financial industry to build out applications and / or platforms across a variety of different verticals and use cases including (but not limited to), lending, wealth management, financial management, account opening, student loan refinancing, fraud detection, etc.
- Serving as the lead technical point of contact for clients throughout the implementation phase, tracking progress towards key milestones to ensure successful and timely launches.
- Establishing and owning relationships with every level of technical stakeholder from Project and Product Managers, to Engineers to senior leadership.
- Partnering with Account Managers and Technical Account Managers to support clients in building out end to end workflows that align with Plaid’s technical best practices.
- Supporting ongoing testing efforts by troubleshooting and providing technical insights.
- Working cross-functionally to improve the client onboarding experience as they build with Plaid, collecting and translating customer and partner feedback into meaningful product insights for our Product and Engineering teams.
What Excites Us
- 5+ years of experience in a client facing and / or technology focused role where business experience and technical acumen was combined. Experience working with enterprise customers is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing and executing technical projects with a customer-first attitude and a strong sense of empathy.
- Excellent project management and communication skills with a strong ability to provide technical details to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies and understand complex systems (APIs, databases, reporting tools, etc.). Experience working with APIs is strongly preferred.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills with a continuous desire to improve technical acumen.
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally with different teams and types of people.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and navigate unexpected roadblocks with ease
$126,000 - $189,000 a year
Target base salary for this role is between $126,000 and $189,000 per year. Additional compensation in the form(s) of equity and/or commission are dependent on the position offered. Plaid provides a comprehensive benefit plan, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k). Pay is based on factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience and skillset, and location. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Apply for this job